“Good food for reasonable prices”

Sitar Indian Cuisine
Ranked #137 of 400 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Recommended by our niece who attends UCSC! Order at the counter and food is brought to your table. Self-service soda machine and a $9.99 vegetarian buffet of rice, nan bread, salad, chickpeas, lentils, three dishes of veggies in assorted delightful sauces, then mini-cakes soaked in honey for dessert. My husband ordered Chicken in Tikka Marsala sauce; my son had the Lamb Vindaloo- both were excellent. My niece and I had the buffet. Late lunch cost came to $60 for 4! Not bad! Efficient and friendly service! Clean and orderly too. Not a stuffy place at all. Will return when we visit our niece in the area again!

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

We had biriani and other Indian recipes. Overall I liked the food. It was a pick up only. I liked the biriani then any other bay area places.

On the Santa Cruz downtown that one good advantage. Another being all day open restaurant, the other one I called wss closed by 4pm on Sunday! It was a bit of a surprise.

Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

We stopped through Santa Cruz while driving North from our vaction in Monterey. We found Sitar on a courner, and the pretty paintings of flowers on the windows drew us in. We love indian food, and I especially love when it is spicy.

I ordered Lamb Tikka Masala and asked that it be made extra extra spicy. My boyfriend ordered the chicken kabob. Both meals were amazing. His came out on a sizzling platter with tons of Chicken and vegetables. Mine had plenty of meat, and the sauce was deliciously spicy, as i had asked for. Both meals came with a little salad, rice, and a whole naan bread. I was seriously impressed with the overall product.

The man who took our order was very friendly and offered us suggestions for what to order. He also told us that we could order anything however spicy we liked it. They have a buffet there for 9.99, which is completely vegetarian with vegan options.

We would definitely dine here again if we are in Santa Cruz.

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

For $10.99 you can fill a container with rice and curries, for plant based eaters, there are only a couple of choices. Taste was good without being great. I don't know why they need to use dairy for these dishes when coconut milk and cream would mean anyone could eat them...... Tofu makes a good substitute for Paneer too... Quite OK to eat, but very limited.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

They have a buffet lunch but it is vegetarian. The service is slow if you don't want the buffet. My daughter liked the buffet.

1  Thank Paul S