All reviews great location continental breakfast corner room an older hotel beach street comfortable room parking wharf cereal ocean
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

I am horrified to read a recent review about room 211. I was put in room 211 just a few days ago. Needless to say, I doubt that it had been inspected.

Do not spend your money here. The whole property is dilapidated, dirty, and unsafe. Filthy carpets (brown feet after walking on it barefoot), linens that are literally stringy and have holes in them, indifferent housekeeping staff, parking lot littered with dozens of empty beer bottles and trash, spoiled orange juice at breakfast ..... the list goes on and on.

After check in (to room 211) I was disgusted to see that the bedspread was falling apart. The bed looked like it had not been changed or made up. I called the front desk.
A few minutes later I went outside and heard one of the housekeepers complaining to the woman who had checked me in because we had asked for a replacement. We never got a replacement bedspread.

Continental "breakfast" is cheap and sparse. I told the manager the juice was spoiled after I had tasted some. His response was to put a handful of ice in the top of the pitcher. Milk and juice were sitting out on the counter unrefrigerated.

The neighborhood is unsafe at night. Lots of vagrants and intoxicated people hanging around on the street.

I know you're thinking you just want a place to sleep near the beach and boardwalk. Please do not support the violations of health and safety codes by spending money at this establishment. I wouldn't suggest this hotel for any traveler.

If you're paying $49 a night or by the hour I would expect a dive like this one. For $150-$250 per night, which are their rates, it's an insult, a joke, and just plain exploitation of honest consumers.

1  Thank TravelGal903
Reviewed 21 August 2017

It's a bit of a dump to be honest. We stayed in a nice hotel in San Francisco before we got here and when we opended the door to our room it was a bit of a shock. The whole place needs a good lick of paint and furniture and bedding needs modernising. They charge good money to stay here because of the location so there is no excuse for it to be in such a poor state.

Parking is either under the hotel which is preferred or round the back of the hotel which sucks.

Location is great right on Beach Street just across for the Beach Boardwalk.

Date of stay: August 2017
Coastview I, Guest Relations Manager at Coastview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Thank you for your review of the Coastview Inn. Please accept our sincere apologies for problems encountered during your stay. I have forwarded your comments to the GM and owner. Clean and comfortable rooms are a priority for us, rooms need to be prepared, ready for our guests even if we are going to be renovating soon. Your comments are very important to us and we appreciate you taking your time to let us know where we need to focus more. Please give us another opportunity to provide sleeping 4accommodations the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I originally booked a room for August 8-12 for a conference at MAH. My first night of arrival I came to a neat looking room. Upon further inspection the next morning I noticed that the bed linens were not fresh. They looked used. The comforter was dirty and had beadings and lint all over. Wednesday morning I started itching on my back and attributed it to mosquito bites.

The next night after attending the conference all wednesday I tucked in at 10pm and around 4am I woke up to intense itching on my armpit, foot and leg. I tried to go to sleep but when I woke up a couple hours later I noticed red welts all over my body. I inspected in a mirror and to my horror I had bed bug bites all over my body. About 15-20 bites to be exact. When I brought it to the attention of the manager, Ron, he said he would switch me to a different room. Something was off about his attitude so I changed my mind and asked to be refunded the portion of my unused stay and a discount for my troubles.

After I decided to switch hotels his attitude went to Petty Mode. claiming I brought the bed bugs with me and no one has had any problems before. (Delve deep into the other reviews sites like Yelp and this one there are several complaints about bed bugs).

I firmly asked for a discount again to which he said the most he can do is $40 a day. Thats reasonable. When I looked at my credit card I was not given the discount. I reported it to Santa Cruz environmental health who ordered that the room be unoccupied untill its inspected.... I called again today and he got nastier saying he rented the room with no problems after me and would sue me.

Im not saying dont stay here but what kind of person rents out a hotel room after a guest complained about bed bugs. Thats not good business practice

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank kassieme2017
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Location, location, location! As everybody says, the hotel is not much to speak of- outdated and not extremely clean. But the very friendly man at the front desk said they will be tearing it down soon to build a new hotel, so understandable they are not going to put any money into this one. For the price, the location is amazing, I was able to walk to The beach and boardwalk daily with a three and five-year-old. The staff was unbelievably kind and accommodating, can't say enough nice things about them! Was perfect for a quick family beach getaway, price and location where amazing, we were not looking for a five star Ritz. Thank you Coastview for still offering a decent, affordable hotel on the beach for families! The hotel I give 3 stars, location and staff was 5+!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Coastview I, Guest Relations Manager at Coastview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Thank you for your review of your stay with us at Coastview Inn. It is a privilege to be able to serve guests such as yourself! We pride ourselves on clean and comfortable rooms at a reasonable rate . Great customer service is absolutely one of our biggest draws as we are the best around! Please stay with us again the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Easy to find on the sea front, less than half mile from Santa Cruz Wharf (= pier).
Far enough away from the Boardwalk if you want to avoid the noise of funfair type entertainment!
Parking spaces on ground level are limited and access is very tight; however there are more spaces on upper level with pedestrian access to ground level.
Hotel facilities, including breakfast, are quite adequate although we had no coffee maker in our room.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Coastview I, Guest Relations Manager at Coastview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us at Coastview Inn.We are working on providing updated items in our rooms so we hope you will give us another opportunity to provide sleeping accommodations for you the next time you are in our area. We would love another chance to provide for you a great stay!