“Great Rooms, Fantastic Views, Terrific Location”

Beach Street Inn and Suites
Ranked #3 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 15 January 2012

This was a great place to spend the weekend with my girlfriend. The rooms have been tastefully remodeled with a beach motif. Each room has a fantastic view overlooking the Santa Cruz Wharf and Monterrey Bay as well as a set of Adirondack chairs on the deck that runs along the front of the rooms. The beds are very comfortable. The staff is friendly and the place seems well run. In addition to being steps from the beach and Santa Cruz Boardwalk, there are several restaurants and shops nearby. Plus Pacific Ave is a $7 cab ride.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 January 2012

We arrived in Santa Cruz after the 4th of July weekend to celebrate our anniversary.

I must say, it was HARD to find the parking for this hotel. And once up there, the road was steep and narrow. There also was no signs directing you to the office. I went all the way downstairs to the street level only to find I had to walk back up the steep driveway to find it.

The pool was so-so; There was a fire pit that the kids hung around. Vending machines by the office and not rennovated rooms.

When I got to my room, I was very happy with the linens, the furniture and the TV. Most of all, I loved the bathroom. I could've spent the whole time there!! The shower was amazing!

The view of the Santa Cruz wharf was directly outside of my second story room, but I disliked the windows being write where the beds were. I didnt' feel I could really enjoy the view with people walking by the room at any time.

Best part of this place is you dont' have any upstairs/downstairs neighbors.. Quiet and beautiful!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We are in SC at least 8 times a year. We stayed here when it was called Terrace Court....we were pleasantly surprised at the great changes that have been made here!

The location is one of the best things about this place...I counted...it is 32 umbrella steps from the sidewalk to the sand, I was going to try and count baby steps...but the water and the sunshine in January were way to enticing to waist such precious seconds counting baby steps.....

As well...the most awesome yummo place...The Picnic Basket is right below the balcony :)

Check in was easy, and Beach Street let us check in 2 hours early...it was our anniversary and we asked ahead of time.

The room....IMMACULATELY cleaned...from the kitchen, to the bathroom and the obvious fresh linens...housekeeping does an incredible job here..thank you to them!!!!

The kitchen, totally adorable, new and has refrig, microwave, 4 burner stove, oven, toaster and all the supplies needed to make an awesome breakfast for yourself that you can sit out on the beach front veranda and eat all to yourself...mmmm we had cheesey eggs, toast, bacon....oh ok...back to the room and the cool things about Beach Street....

The Inn is currently under construction, I can imagine what they are going to do with the poolside rooms when they are done...seeing the huge improvements since it was the dumpy Terrace Court....

The blue throw blankets were so soft and clean and comfy, used for wraps while sitting out on the patio in the morning...the towels soft, and white...there was not a speck of sand on the tile floor in the kitchen...again housekeeping deserves major kuddos....the CLEANEST place I have EVER stayed at in SC...and this is almost 20 years of visits.....

I have read other reviews and agree that it sucks to be over charged for a room...I mean we know its an amazing place...and the views are stunning...and having a kitchen to make your own food, 3 barbecues, a pool...and amazing sunning deck, and no charge for parking, and the sweet staff, and amazing cleanliness that for this area is difficult......I guess it is worth paying for...but just because y'all got it going on...please think of those of us that could never afford to stay here for 300 bucks a night in the summer....consider being the premier place that offers an excellent family value....it works for some of the bigger hotels and believe me...working class families appreciate that :)

Our family wishes Beach Street the best success and can not wait to come again....in hopes that the price is kept decently enough :)

Room Tip: Eat at the Picnic Basket, all local farmers and local ingredients...perty dang amazing.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissGoldenPoppy
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I am a travel agent and just recently completed a 10 day tour of California. Beach Street Inn was my favorite hotel of all stayed in on this trip. Stayed in a renovated room with a view of the pier. Loved the clean and spacious room, the bed was comfy, shower was large w/ lots of pressure. Made use of the onsite laundry facility...thanks for that! I will be recommending this hotel to any of my clients headed to Santa Cruz.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cterri
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Stayed two nights in the newly refurbished second terrace...absolutely beautiful. I cuddled into the clean soft pillow top mattress and fell asleep to the sounds of my iPod in the furnished I-pod dock and the ocean waves. Had breakfast on my sunny second floor terrace what a view. I ate a scone from the down stairs cafe. It was the best scone I've ever had. The first night I got a little cold while standing looking out and a staff member asked if I wanted the fire pit lit. I was amazed to find such friendly staff and good service. Of course I said yes. What fun! Parking was easy, short walk to the mall, beach, boardwalk, and pier. Good value for my money. I'll be back for summer time fun.

Room Tip: Be sure to stay in one of the newly refurbished rooms I liked my second floor terrace.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family