“Anniversary Dinner”
Review of Laili Restaurant

Laili Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Laili Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 395 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pacific Avenue
Description: For centuries a five thousand mile trade route has joined the Mediterranean to China through Afghanistan and India. Known mostly for the Silk Trade, the Silk Road has acted as a conduit of ideas, cultures, music, food & spices throughout all of its regions. Laili aims to bring the age old flavors and traditions of the Silk Road to life by creating a positive and relaxing environment with a culturally rich and flavorful dining experience.
Reviewed 30 August 2016

My husband and I were looking for a romantic dinner for our anniversary. We opted for Laili (due to local recommendation). We had reservations- so we were seated promptly outside. The ambiance of the restaurant was perfect. Service started off outstanding (but sort of tapered off as the evening progressed). I was very happy with the wine selection and menu choices. My husband ordered the Anar Chicken, and I ordered the Roasted Cauliflower. Both meals were delicious. My husband cleaned his plate and mine. We never order dessert- but decided to splurge. We chose the Pistachio Cardamon Ice Cream. It was okay- nothing special. Overall, we were very pleased with Laili. It was the culinary highlight of our trip.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

The food, the wine, the ambiance, and the service were spot on. We couldn't have asked for a better evening. I would go back again and again.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

While the interior is pretty, the food is very limited when someone cannot eat highly spiced food. Even the salad was impossible to make normal. So, while you will find lovely tall ceilings and nice wall decorations, please know that it is not for those who cannot eat spicy foods.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

There is so much to like about Laili--it has a beautiful atmosphere visually--tall ceilings, nice decor (can be a bit noisy on weekend nights), a fabulous outdoor seating area--one of the best in Santa Cruz, with a walled in courtyard--, and good Afghani infused food. I meet here occasionally with friends for lunch, and have requested it for my birthday dinner. The only drawback is the price. You have to be prepared for a hefty bill. It's fancy Afghani food, with a fancy ambiance.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Great place to go as a date or with a smallish group of friends. Our friends suggested Laili as a dinner spot- The food was delicious and the service good. We had to wait for our water glasess to be filled a long time- when your the DD drinking only water, that's a bummer. For Santa Cruz, the decor was surprising fancy. We will definitely return.