“Gut gemacht! ”

Roaring Camp Railroads
Ranked #7 of 61 things to do in Santa Cruz
More attraction details
Owner description: See California’s towering redwood trees from two historic railroads. Ride steam trains to Bear Mountain or Beach Trains to Santa Cruz. Visit an 1880s logging town located in the Santa Cruz Mountains of California. Between San Francisco and Monterey Bay in Felton.
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

I wanted to see the Redwoods! Although the I had lived 23 years in California, I was too young to really appreciate them when I was young. My daughter reacted similarly, saying they were pretty much big trees.
But with quite a history!
The tour guide was great! Told a lot along the way. The steam train was super cool! I would have appreciated more time to look around at the top of mountain. 10 minutes isn’t really enough time and everyone flocks to the trees and you can’t really enjoy their magic when kids are playing Tag with their grandmas.
Would have loved to have had the time to hike up the mountain!
But the quick tour was better than not a all!

All reviews
"general store"
in 15 reviews
"bear mountain"
in 15 reviews
"henry cowell state park"
in 10 reviews
"gift shop"
in 11 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 9 reviews
"the santa cruz boardwalk"
in 7 reviews
"whole family"
"conductor"
in 34 reviews

Reviewed 4 January 2018

this place has a real steam train that chugs thu the redwood forest to the beach and back0 its a great place to visit!

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Was the worst experience ever..
this is for kids only , they gave every kid a noise maker which they blew the entire ride, it takes you thru the worst of santa Cruz, homeless camps, trash dump, cement plant, horrible.
we thought it was going to be a scenic view and Christmas like, it was loud, the conductor talked the whole way on a loud speaker and it only goes forward for a while then backwards.
not a normal train ride. nothing was fun about it unless you 4yrs old.

3  Thank rwj007
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

It has nothing to see except a few ligts inaide the train. Actualy it is Very ugly outside in most of the ride. The employees were rude and clearly didn't seem to like to work there at all. The ride costed our family $120. We got one paper horn to two of our children to share. When I asked the staff on the train to get one more to each of them. I was scold by asking for more. It was very shocking experience to me and my family with two young kids. The ride had nothing to entertain riders. My kids said they were bored and disappointed.

1  Thank jen S