All reviews room was clean higher priced places great mexican place a great coffee shop small breakfast one night inexpensive hotel busy street downtown restaurants ocean avenue continental breakfast would stay here again queen room small pool check in was easy board walk within walking distance
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We had a great stay. Perfect location. Close to beaches and walking distance to downtown. Only moved car once. Room 229 is very spacious and very clean. The pool looked well keeped but didn't use. The staff is suoer friendly. We will diffently stay her again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Moe S, Manager at The Islander Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thank you for being our guest. we appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences while
with us and we pleased to know you had an enjoyable stay at our Motel. It is our sincerest hope that

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Very clean and well kept motel. Recently remodeled with new furnishings. Close to down town. Easy walk to Pacific Avenue down town area. New tile in bathroom. Good AC/Heat. Water restrictor on shower cut water flow too much. Takes too long to get soap off hair.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Stayed the night on a stopover on our way down the coast. Staff was very friendly, check-in was easy. The room was very clean. It's an older motel but it's very well kept and updated. The bathrooms were completely redone in the last year ( I asked at the counter because I couldn't believe how nice they were.Microwave and very large mini fridge in the room. Very nice motel, especially for the price.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the islander motel on the 1st October on our first night of a 3 week trip. After flying from Manchester to San Francisco we chose a stopover in Santa Cruz before continuing down the Californian coast. It took just over an hour to drive from SFO, and The Islander was easy to locate and parking was available despite it being around 18:30. The spaces were on the small side but luckily a parallel parking space was available for our newly hired SUV which is considerably bigger than we are used to!

Check in was quick and pain free. We were directed to a room upstairs. Room was small, simple yet perfectly clean and functional. There is a fridge, microwave and hairdryer which are useful to have. Wi-Fi worked great. It didn't "throw us out" in the morning like one review suggested but did need reconnecting a couple of times.

The motel was about a 15 min walk from the boardwalk area. We were given a map when we checked in and given instruction on how to get to the boardwalk, wharf and some near by eateries.

Breakfast was fine if a bit odd. It was basic, bread, butter, jam, toaster, cereal, coffee and orange juice, which was fine, however it is set up on a worktop in the check in office which felt a little awkward with other guests waiting while I buttered my toast and another stood eating cereal next to me. All in a very small space with a staff member sat at the check in desk a few feet away. That said, it was better than nothing and didnt need to look elsewhere. I didnt notice anywhere else nearby to get something quickly. There isn't any seating, i guess you are supposed to take it back to your room, it didnt bother me, we sat on a chair by the pool in the sun then checked out and headed off.

The pool didn't look very nice to be honest. I wouldn't have wanted to go in it but wasn't planning to so no issue for me. It seemed like it was there for the sake of having a pool. Wasn't very well kept or clean.

Overall, it had everything we wanted and mostly was nice and clean which is my main worry where ever I am. Would recommend.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights for a wedding in SC. Check-in and check-out were fast and easy and the rooms (recently remodeled) were very nice and comfortable, but parking was sometimes limited at night. Other than that we very much enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple