Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$177
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$172
QualityInn
Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$202
ComfortInn
Beach Street Inn and Suites(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$369
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$207
US$193
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$232
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$244
  • Pool
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$287/night.

Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$217
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$286
US$245
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$488
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat mexican placeroom was cleana great coffee shopsmall breakfastone nightinexpensive hotelocean avenuecontinental breakfastthe check in deskwalking distance to downtownbusy streetqueen roomcheck in was easysmall poolmicrowave and refrigeratorparking lotreception area
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Very clean and well kept motel. Recently remodeled with new furnishings. Close to down town. Easy walk to Pacific Avenue down town area. New tile in bathroom. Good AC/Heat. Water restrictor on shower cut water flow too much. Takes too long to get soap off hair.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Moe S, Manager at The Islander Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thank you for being our guest. we appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences while
with us and we pleased to know you had an enjoyable stay at our Motel. It is our sincerest hope that

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Stayed the night on a stopover on our way down the coast. Staff was very friendly, check-in was easy. The room was very clean. It's an older motel but it's very well kept and updated. The bathrooms were completely redone in the last year ( I asked at the counter because I couldn't believe how nice they were.Microwave and very large mini fridge in the room. Very nice motel, especially for the price.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the islander motel on the 1st October on our first night of a 3 week trip. After flying from Manchester to San Francisco we chose a stopover in Santa Cruz before continuing down the Californian coast. It took just over an hour to drive from SFO, and The Islander was easy to locate and parking was available despite it being around 18:30. The spaces were on the small side but luckily a parallel parking space was available for our newly hired SUV which is considerably bigger than we are used to!

Check in was quick and pain free. We were directed to a room upstairs. Room was small, simple yet perfectly clean and functional. There is a fridge, microwave and hairdryer which are useful to have. Wi-Fi worked great. It didn't "throw us out" in the morning like one review suggested but did need reconnecting a couple of times.

The motel was about a 15 min walk from the boardwalk area. We were given a map when we checked in and given instruction on how to get to the boardwalk, wharf and some near by eateries.

Breakfast was fine if a bit odd. It was basic, bread, butter, jam, toaster, cereal, coffee and orange juice, which was fine, however it is set up on a worktop in the check in office which felt a little awkward with other guests waiting while I buttered my toast and another stood eating cereal next to me. All in a very small space with a staff member sat at the check in desk a few feet away. That said, it was better than nothing and didnt need to look elsewhere. I didnt notice anywhere else nearby to get something quickly. There isn't any seating, i guess you are supposed to take it back to your room, it didnt bother me, we sat on a chair by the pool in the sun then checked out and headed off.

The pool didn't look very nice to be honest. I wouldn't have wanted to go in it but wasn't planning to so no issue for me. It seemed like it was there for the sake of having a pool. Wasn't very well kept or clean.

Overall, it had everything we wanted and mostly was nice and clean which is my main worry where ever I am. Would recommend.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights for a wedding in SC. Check-in and check-out were fast and easy and the rooms (recently remodeled) were very nice and comfortable, but parking was sometimes limited at night. Other than that we very much enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I am midway through a 10-day stay at the Islander while I help my daughter move in Santa Cruz. We are staying in a 2br room. The front room is a normal room with the bath entrance. The second bedroom is just that, a separate room with a king bed and a door.

Over the years my daughter has been attending UCSC, I have stayed in a number of hotels in Santa Cruz while visiting. The Islander will now be my "go to' location.

The motel is in excellent shape. The outside is nicely painted and is kept very clean. The rooms have been remodeled and are very comfortable and clean. Most appreciated is the double pane windows. Ocean Avenue is busy and can be noisy. With the windows closed, you hear negligible sound from outside.

The owners have been great. They are friendly and seem willing to make your stay enjoyable and hassle-free. This is a family run motel and the pride of ownership shows in the maintenance of the property and the diligence of the owners.

No qualms at all recommending this place for a stay in Santa Cruz. The location is very convenient and you can walk to the Boardwalk in about 10 minutes. It is also in one of the areas of town that is not overwhelmed by the homeless who seem ubiquitous in Santa Cruz.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family