“New & Clean!!”

Ranked #16 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
San Francisco, California
“New & Clean!!”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed here for the very first time after reading positive previous reviews; I had to experience it myself. To see is to believe! yes, indeed it delivered my expectations. First off, the location is bar none-it was easy access to the freeway and very easy to find. The architecture of the building was very nice and brand new looking; as we were driving up to the drive way, I was already impressed of the cleanliness of the surroundings that's a plus to me! Then we checked in, the staff were friendly & welcoming..nice a +. So we parked in the garage it was bright and well lit..for safety reasons? that's a ++ to me & fam. Went up to the room, from the elevator to the hallways to the room..impressive. Clean, clean, clean! +++. This is very important to me coz I am just a clean freak! Got into the non smoking room...voila! very impressive I might say..very super mega CLEAN! and very NICE! Ahh, the room was just perfect for us..Love it! The bed was very comfortable, soft, CLEAN linens and smelled good. The bathroom was stunning very elegant, modern and CLEAN!! Ok, breakfast was good same HI Express continental breakfast..satisfying & filling; could not complain. Then, time to check out..the only disappointment is the person in the front; the lady staff was not very friendly at all..didn't greet me when I say "hello, I'm checking out" didn't say anything, didn't acknowledge me or didn't even look at me! she had no eye contacts w/ the customer..hello! and work in the front desk? excuse me. So I thought okay she must have had a bad night last night or something. She looked unhappy and mad. Overall, our stay at this particular HI Express was GREAT and very happy we chose this hotel. We would go back and stay here again and again..hopefully with a smile from the front desk particularly to the one I mentioned. If you are looking for a comfortable, Super Clean & beautiful hotel to stay in..Pick this one!

Room Tip: I think if you stay on the first floor close to the breakfast room, you might smell the food in earl...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank cleanfreak12
HIE_Santa_Cruz, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear cleanfreak12,

Thank you for such an inspiring & detail review! We appreciate you staying with us and your candid feedback. I have shared your comments with my entire team, I know they also share my goal to have a hotel our guests LOVE!

If you want to share with me any other information, please call me at 831.295.6001 or email me at arivera@bprproperties.com.

Thanks again! We hope to see you soon!

Regards,
Angélica Rivera, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The hotel is located right off the freeway, which is good. Parking is limited to underground which is bad. Might be enough spaces for all, except that at least 20 cars took up 2 spaces or more so we were out of luck for parking. We had 7 rooms booked and 5 cars to park. The desk clerk was understanding but couldn't do anything? Why does the hotel bother to take license plate numbers? At least post signs or have people sign acknowledgements stating one SPACE per car or else they will be towed. Next time we'll stay at a hotel with more parking spaces. It's not fun trying to find parking at 12 midnight.

Room Tip: The bed was very firm, hard as a rock.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Hausofmann
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear Hausofmann,

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced trying to find a parking spot.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments.

We thank you for having chosen our Hotel. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The hotel is only a few years old, so everything still seems nice and new. Had a room with a King size bed at the state rate, so it was more than I really needed but was great! Clearly a 3 star hotel, but a very nice, well taken care of place. The TV was a new flat screen and they had a ton of channels including MTV and HBO. Breakfast was not great, but since it was free, who cares if it's just cereal, toast, pancakes, and one kind of meat/egg product? The pancake machine was pretty awesome, I will admit.

The only annoyance was that my key didn't work for the fitness room. I ended up with 4 or 5 keys because they kept letting me in with their master cards and then making me a new one to keep. The keys always worked in my room, so they weren't demagnetized. The pool was small but looked nice and clean.

The location was very convenient for the county offices, but also close to Downtown (walking distance), the Boardwalk, Capitola, etc. The ice cream place down the street was great as well, but cash only.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Large room, GREAT BED, good pillows, lovely sheets (way above the usual hotel quality), very quiet, SUPER continental breakfast, and very convenient. We'll be back next time we come to Santa Cruz.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JulieJess
Vacaville California
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We come to Santa Cruz at least once a year. We have stayed here several times and it is consistantly great. Very clean and comfortable. Love the beds. I only wish they had a hot tub, but just a pool. This is one of the best places that we have stayed in Santa Cruz. It is our go to place. The breakfast in the morning is pretty good. It isn't cooked to order, but still quite good and filling enough for us.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family