“Dreamy Weekend Getaway”
Review of Dream Inn

Dream Inn
Ranked #2 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 29 February 2012

If you've stayed at a Joie de Vivre hotel, you know what to expect. If not, some expectation-leveling may be needed. Their marketing and pricing is on a par with 4-star properties, but their properties are 60s or 70s makeovers with sort of a funky-clean look. So, don't expect the Ritz room comforts, or service, but enjoy the location, the view, and the good night's sleep.

Now, for the Dream Inn --- you can't beat this location in Santa Cruz --- you could be happy on the balcony of your room (all rooms face the ocean) enjoying the surf all day long. And, the restaurant (Aquarius) is a great breakfast and dinner place, so you can have a lazy romantic experience of significant quality and duration. Valet is efficient and recommended (parking nearby is challenging), and front desk staff are locals so you'll get the straight dope on other eateries and events.

Our bottom line was it was a little expensive for the quality (but that's the JdV marketing difference! --- we did stay there nonetheless).

3  Thank Gwhized

Reviewed 27 February 2012

We loved this place! Great views. Friendly staff. The restaurant was one of the best on our trip. Would love to go back in warmer weather to really enjoy the pool area.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

I recently stayed at the Dream inn for my three-year anniversary and I had such a great time here. Initially I booked a room in the “tower suite” but since my boyfriend and I arrived way too early for check in we had to wait for our room. This was no problem because just a few minutes away is the beach boardwalk, we grabbed lunch and just an hour later I get a call from the front desk asking me if I would prefer another room that was ready and since it was my anniversary it is the best room in the hotel; at no additional cost to me of course. This was unexpected but overall I am glad we stayed here. The views are amazing, the room is nice and spacious, and the location is so close to the beach!! The staff was great, friendly and polite. I will definitely come back more often in the summer. Overall we had a great time =)

Reviewed 22 February 2012

The rooms on the lower level have great decks and are very close to the pool and jacuzzi. Specifically room 118 is a winner. Fall over twice and you're in the ocean.

Room Tip: request a room on the 1st floor which is below the ground floor and just a few steps away from the b...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank smox62
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Although the decor is strictly Jetsons (not normally my cup of tea), I've rarely enjoyed a brief stay so much. Our room was immaculate, and every room has a spectacular view of the Monterey Bay. You can zone out sitting on your room's balcony, watching the surfers. Staff are attentive and accommodating. The in-house restaurant, Aquarius, has acceptable food and an incredibly pleasant and relaxing ambiance, with views of the bay and the beach through floor-to-ceiling glass walls. The location is ideal, on the posh West Side of Santa Cruz, but in easy walking distance of downtown, the boardwalk, and the municipal pier. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Join the Joie de Vivre rewards club and get a free bottle of wine on check-in.
Travellers also viewed these Santa Cruz hotels
0.3 km away
Beach Street Inn and Suites
Beach Street Inn and Suites
#3 of 54 in Santa Cruz

Been to Dream Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Dream Inn

Address: 175 W. Cliff Drive, Santa Cruz, CA 95060-5438 (Formerly Coast Santa Cruz Hotel)
Region: United States > California > Santa Cruz
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Business Hotel in Santa Cruz
#2 On the Beach Hotel in Santa Cruz
#5 Romantic Hotel in Santa Cruz
#7 Family Hotel in Santa Cruz
Price Range: €193 - €414 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Dream Inn 4*
A fun culmination between the beach and the slightly offbeat town of Santa Cruz, the Dream Inn is the ideal destination for a weekend escape, corporate event, family vacation or a romantic getaway. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dream Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Dream Inn, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel Santa Cruz