“Everything was delicious”

Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 13 August 2016

Our group of 5 all walked away happy --- even those of us who don't love sushi. Almost as soon as we were seated, the servers brought us edamame, cucumber salad, a small sushi plate, miso soup and warm sake on the house. Off to a great start! We tried a teriyaki plate, yakisoba, the donburi, and several types of sushi. Everything was really tasty, and the service was good. We were sorry it was our last night in town -- would love to go back!

There are newer reviews for I Love Sushi

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Sushi is one of our favorite Date Night foods. This place was one of the best Sushi places we have been to anywhere. They start off providing - on the house - warm Sake, two pieces of sushi, a small dish of edamame, a small dish of cucumber salad, and Miso soup! Very nice! Everything was delicious too! We ordered a couple of the veggie rolls which were very good. One had avocado, cream cheese, a thin slice of lemon and a thin slice of jalapeño...it was delicious! We also ordered a couple of their special rolls which were also very good. Everything was very flavorful and seemed very fresh. The people were very nice too. It is very close to downtown Santa Cruz so you can shop or go to the movies all in the same outing and only needing to park once.

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

Sushi was OK. Nothing special. Service was horrible. Price was high for what you got. Not a place I"ll come back to.

1  Thank Cruzer20
Reviewed 21 February 2016

Kind of like a college pizza joint, with servers, food runners an bussers busy doing work that does not always include servicing your needs. Sushi rolls were just ok. The hand rolls were the only bright spot.

Reviewed 16 February 2016

A friend isn't a big fan of this place, but I like to form my own opinions. I went with some other friends on a busy night, but didn't have any trouble getting a table quickly. Likewise, our orders came quickly, and we were given free sake as well. We all sampled each others' sushi, and my friends seemed to like it quite a bit, while I thought it was ok. Which is what you're going to get with different people. The flavor of the rolls just seemed a bit bland. Nothing really stood out to me, though I am no sushi connoisseur. I tend to visit Shogun most of the time unless I'm feeling curious.

1  Thank Jason K