“Tostadas”

Taqueria El Bajio
Ranked #162 of 585 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Awesome Mexican restaurant. I really enjoyed the vegetarian tostada. There is a salsa bar as well which took it to the next level

Reviewed 18 January 2017

I read about this dining gem in a magazine from Santa Barbara. It was the famous Julia Chiula's favourite eatery when she was in Santa Barbara. A small cosy eatery with authentic Mexican food. When I was there I noted there is only 1 chef to manage their orders. But his cooking was like lightning speed. The smell was sooo good too when I waited for my order.

Their tortillas are very fresh, made on site daily. Wow I saw someone savouring her soup which looked so delicious. Will definitely try on my next Santa Barbara trip.

A very wide selection for their menu including breakfast. I noted many take away orders too. Business was sooo brisk when I was there.

It has online orders!

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

Absolutely delicious food. Fresh, tasty. Been here every time we come to Santa Barbara and are always glad we did! Breakfast burritos, chilaquilas, tortas, all exceptional. Sauces are genuine and HOT. Highly recommend this little place!!

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Fresh food and fast service make this taqueria
Ideal for a quick and Rasto lunch. We stopped as we were driving on the freeway and it was very convenient. Do not expect a fancy place --- only good food and fantastic papaya juice.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

Things to try to tantalize your taste buds: Bajio Burrito, Asada: tons of food, packed into a giant burrito, bursts of flavor at every bite. Too big to finish (at least for me) but incredible taste. Caldos: especially the Cameron: the sexiest sizzling shrimp soup you'll ever eat, packed with veggies and shrimp, and HOT, both temp and with peppers. Must-have on foggy days. Tacos Dorados: OMG with Carnitas these are insanely good. They pack 'em with carnitas, sour cream, guacamole, etc. They're deep-fried tacos and insanely good. Street-style tacos are excellent too, especially adobada. But that Tacos Dorados is a dish you'll never forget. The spicy brown salsa is a fave. Tomatillo salsa excellent also. Forget the rest - this is the best!