“The best traditional tacos in town!”
Review of Lilly's Tacos

Lilly's Tacos
Ranked #24 of 585 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Lilly's Tacos has a very basic feel, but you can tell that they are dedicated to producing the best tacos in town!

I've tried all their tacos and not one disappointed me. However, if you really want the true "Lilly's" experience then I strongly recommend their grilled tripe (tripas), their steamed beef eye (ojos) or their steamed beef tongue (lengua) tacos. The wonderfully succulent meat and delicious tortillas combined with the rich salsas on offer never fail to eight my taste buds!

Best enjoyed with a Jarritos soda - in my opinion . . .

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Happened on this place by accident. And oh my am I glad I did!! I had chicken fajita, steamed beef and veggie tacos. With all the fixings it was an amazing lunch. Everything was top notch and satisfying. And having spent a bit of the last 18 years in Mexico can say that these tacos was better than south of the border. I will be going here again.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

There is no better place to eat real Mexican tacos than lillys tacos. I drove 40 min just to ate this amazing tacos. if you are in the area go and enjoy your tacos.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

very delicious tacos. order at the entrance counter and pay. add fixings like onions, cilantro, radish, salsas, etc at stations. one share restroom. store front limited parking. did see parking monitor going around marking vehicle tires to ensure limited time at parking spots.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Over the past few years I have had lunch at Lilly's a number of times, and I am never disappointed. Lilly's serves authentic - and very reasonably priced - authentic tacos. They range from grilled beef, pork and chicken, to the more exotic steamed beef cheeks, tripe, beef tongue, beef lips and even more exotic. I haven't tried them all but I have been adventuresome and have found them all to be very tasty.

I love that Lilly's is frequented by Hispanic families as well as non-hispanics who recognize and appreciate authentic tacos. The restaurant is off the beaten path but close to th downtown center. It is definitely worth a visit. You'll have fond memories and if you are like me, you'll want to know why you aren't lucky enough to have a place like Lilly's isn't in your home town.