All reviewseast beachbagelscontinental breakfaststate streetceiling fanbeach chairsacross the streetrooms are cleanshort walk to the beachsmall poolroad tripsmall hotelfireplaceblockmotelzoosb
Reviewed 27 June 2016

A friendly welcome, a clean and stylish room and a good breakfast. This accommodation is centred on different levels around a pool which looked very inviting but we didn't use it, only because we were busy going into town or visiting the beach. There are plenty of tables & chairs scattered around outside where you can eat breakfast but if the weather is a bit cool then your only alternative is taking the tray to your room. Collecting your breakfast is a bit of a juggling act as there is a lack of surfaces to place the tray while you get sorted. This isn't a big issue though. Just inconvenient. The place itself is one row back from the promenade so the beach is very accessible. We took a short cut through the car park of the Hyatt across the road & they didn't seem to mind.
The walk into town takes about 40 mins along a pretty, palm lined promenade where you can see people practising tightrope walking or playing football. Very pleasant. You can also use the local trolley bus which only costs 35 cents. If going into the town proper you have to change at the bottom of State Street. The town has plentiful shops, restaurants & bars.

Room Tip: All rooms are built on different levels, facing inward around the pool
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet H
InnatEastBeach, Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Dear Janet,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Santa Barbara.

Reviewed 14 June 2016

This hotel is well located near the beach, the rooms are clean, and the receptionist is very friendly. Unfortunately these are the only good things I have to say about the place. This is by far the hotel with the worst sound insulation I have ever stayed in. You will hear every cough and fart your neighbour makes, and the clonking from the water pipes in the morning is astonishing. Might as well be staying in a shed...really noisy!!! Oh and the 'breakfast' is a joke - some pastries, cereal and coffee. I think this place is horrendously overpriced and overrated considering it is a cheap motel and nothing more.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bizzle101
InnatEastBeach, Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to leave us your thoughts. I do apologize that you did not find your stay enjoyable. We do provide earplugs to assist with sound issues, however, I understand that this is not the most comfortable option for everyone. And I am very sorry that you missed the the other half of our breakfast. Aside from our assorted cereals, coffee and fresh baked pastries, bagels, croissants, quiches and muffins, we also offer fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, toast, milk and juice on the other side of our lobby. Thank you for mentioning that. I will be sure to train our staff more sufficiently at running our breakfast.

Christina Montalvo

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

We spent two nights and couldn't be happier.

The welcome from the owners was fantastic, we had seen the hotel on a third party app on our drive over and they matched the price.

The breakfast provided was great, one of the best provided breakfasts on our trip.

It's ideally located to access the beach, with some handy beach items available to borrow / hire.

It's a little further into town, but provides a nice beachside stroll to get you going

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graeme C
InnatEastBeach, Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to stop and leave us your thoughts. I am so happy to hear that you had a great time while with us! I hope we will get to see you again the next time you visit Santa Barbara.

Reviewed 11 June 2016

I cannot say enough good things about the hotel, their owners and the breakfast they serve with so much love. The rooms have a pleasant beachy decor that is easy on the eyes. I loved the bamboo trees near my room patio. The owners are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was the best thing... artisan croissants, muffins, boiled eggs, coffee, yogurt.... the spread was delicious.

The location was great, the price was just right. Enjoyed my stay very much... and my kids still remember the owner's humor and niceness.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Shilpa V

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to leave us your thoughts. I am so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! I will be sure to share your kind words with Frank and the rest of our Team! I hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you again on your next trip through Santa Barbara.

Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

This is a great little hotel, slightly away from the town, it will take you 20-30 mins to walk up to the main harbour and street, but it's a nice little walk, which you can do in the surf.
Hotel has everything you need, and provides a decent breakfast. Coffee in the room is a little tasteless, but then we have found that in all hotels we have stayed at in the US. The coffee in reception is great!!!
Pool is lovely, hidden away from the wind.

Staff were great, most friendly welcome we have had yet!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica H

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for taking a moment to leave us your thoughts. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! I will be sure to share your kind words with Frank and the rest of our Team! I hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you again on your next trip through Santa Barbara.