1,449 results
All reviews mall across the street la cumbre plaza state street fire pit whole foods best westerns pool area patio doors fresh fruit a ground floor room bottled water short drive on site restaurant bit dated easy access hot tub road trip
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Stayed here for one night. Very easy check in with friendly staff. Parking great and no extra charge.Rooms clean and comfortable, pool and gardens were lovely but sadly we did not stay long enough to use. Good shops and food just across the road. We got a taxi to downtown Santa Barbara in the evening which was beautiful.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank JayneBett
ChivaunC, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

JayneBett, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. It sounds like you need to come back soon for a few more days and really take in all there is to do and see here in our lovely city and allow some time to relax by the pools. October and November offer up spectacular weather and amazing Fall sunsets. Maybe you could squeeze in a few days to come back during that time. We hope to see you soon, Chivaun

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I was visiting an old friend who lives in Santa Barbara and chose the Pepper Tree Inn due to its proximity to my friend and the good reviews I found. I was happy to see that it lived up to its positive comments on cleanliness. Nowhere did I note, however, how very efficient and courteous every employee I encountered was to me, both on the phone and at the facility. I would certainly plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 29 May 2018

the pictures are pretty - the experience is not! Ever hear the expression you can polish a turd... well yep here it is - the circa 1974 rooms (complete with grandpas unwashed recliner) is what you get not the pretty polished newly remodeled ones the website shows. Also the hot tub had no jets and was lukewarm 8pm on a Saturday night during a busy weekend. No breakfast, unsupervised kids and dog doo doo completed our

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
ChivaunC, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Anna V,

I appreciate that you have taken the time to provide a review. After reading your comments it concerns me that you encountered dog droppings and unsupervised children. It is unfortunate that some guests lack respect for fellow guests in a hotel environment . A quick call to my front desk team would have allowed us the opportunity to address both of these distractions immediately. Our staff acts swiftly to address any unexpected issues with the objective of maintaining the comfort of all guests.

Please note that both of the hot tubs feature jets, however as an energy saving feature the jets do not run automatically, they must manually be turned on by switches. As for the temperature, the hot tubs should be running at a steady 104 degrees. If a guest is not happy with the temperature, we would encourage them to report this to our team and allow us the opportunity to identify any maintenance issues.

Although the hotel itself does not serve breakfast, there is a restaurant located onsite that offers breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a plethora of dining options within walking distance.

Thank you for providing your comments. I always appreciate hearing about the experience of my guests. Kind regards, Chivaun.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

I always hate it when I see something that COULD have been so much better, WOULD have been so much better SHOULD have been so much better. The Best Western Pepper Tree is exactly that. The problem? They CRAMMED each floor of each wing with the absolute maximum number of rooms they possibly could. IF they had reduced the number of rooms on each floor, in each wing by only one or two rooms, this place would have been WONDERFUL—but they didn’t. This place values quantity over quality. They just had to squeeze in those last few rooms, so that now, anyone who stays there is forced to deal with one of “THE” most cramped bathrooms EVER! The very tiny toilets even have these special seats that sort of “retract,” to provide another inch or two of space in the bathrooms. I wonder what genius, BEAN COUNTER thought that one up? There is a closet—if you can call it that—that is not deep enough to hold a CLOTHES HANGER! The highpoint of staying here, is the Lorna Doone cookies they give you, that’s it! Anyway, we will not be returning to The Pepper Tree. I’d much rather stay at a better place once than here twice.

Room Tip: Want a tip? Stay someplace ELSE!
Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BobSacamento

Dear BobSacamento,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. I always appreciate hearing from my guests about their experience. Each of our guest rooms feature slightly different bathroom layouts; some with separate vanity spaces and some with all of the bathroom features in one space. We often receive compliments regarding the large size of our guest rooms and how comfortable guests feel. I'm sorry to read that you felt as though your room offered a cramped bathroom. The toilet seats at the hotel are standard seats with no "retractable" feature. That would be interesting to understand how a seat like that may offer up extra comfort in a smaller space for anyone who needed such a solution. We provide hangers in our closets so guest may have the option of hanging their clothes during their stay. In addition, we provide robes hanging in each closet for our guests additional comfort.

Thank you again for taking the time to submit your feedback. I'm sorry to read you did not find the Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn a good fit for you while visiting Santa Barbara. Kind regards, Chivaun

Reviewed 27 May 2018

This hotel is in a lovely position and not the most upmarket but comfy and I have had the best sleep here in ages. The pool is lovely and the gardens really well kept. We had a great breakfast the next morning, will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family