1,174 results
All reviews infinity pool heated floors beautiful property the pacific ocean valet parking valet staff the entire staff four seasons san ysidro ranch main building bungalow spa patio fireplace california renovation retreat
Reviewed 2 April 2015

Tucked away in the hills of Santa Barbara, this is a truly enchanted hotel, with sweeping ocean and city views. My stay was every bit wonderful, the staff went out of their way to make me and others feel like we were their most important guest.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ElEncantoSB, Executive Assistant Manager at Belmond El Encanto, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2015

Dear Jeff S.,

Thank you for your complimentary review of Belmond El Encanto! Our enchanted hideaway is the ideal destination for serenity amidst the stunning backdrop of the American Riviera coastline. Would be our delight to welcome you back to enjoy springtime in our gardens or for a summertime retreat.

Reviewed 31 March 2015

I had the most wonderful time there over the weekend. The service was amazing and everyone remembered my name. They treated my dog so well too and remembered his name! Tyson Torres, the restaurant director, was so thoughtful and attentive to me. It's a beautiful place and worth it.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ElEncantoSB, Executive Assistant Manager at Belmond El Encanto, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2015

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Belmond El Encanto is happy to welcome your four-legged family members as well! Luxurious dog beds, organic gluten free dog food and bottled water await. I am incredibly proud to have Tyson as part of our team. His commitment to guest satisfaction is admirable and I thank you for recognizing him. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back and please feel free to contact me if we may be of assistance.

Reviewed 31 March 2015

This was one of the best hotel stays ever. The hotel manager upgraded us to an amazing suite, and a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries were waiting to welcome us in. The staff were one step above anywhere in the world you would receive top service, they seemed to enjoy being at your service and did it so pleasantly and with superb elegance. I highly anticipate soon to return and enjoy this truly Enchanted place.

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monica S

Dear Monica S.,

Thrilled we could make your recent visit to Belmond El Encanto exceptional! I am proud to state Belmond El Encanto recognizes all occasions with special welcome amenities. Along with acknowledging all special occasions, Belmond El Encanto welcome all hotel guests with a bottle of El Encanto Cuvée wine upon arrival! Hope we may welcome you back in the not too distant future and please feel free to contact me if I may be of assistance.

Reviewed 30 March 2015

We visited El Encanto Saturday 3/28 and hand drinks and appetizers in the lounge prior to dinner on the terrace. We had the short ribs, ceviche, salmon and garden salads. Everything tasted so fresh and well prepared. Aaron our server was impeccable. He saw to every need and was so polite to watch our conversations and not interrupt. His graciousness with all explanations was the finishing touch on a incredibly wonderfully artfully prepared meal. Our compliments to the Chef. Tyler our busser worked so well with Aaron he was also seemless, polite and very curteous and attentive to our needs. What an experience to remember and revisit soon..

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
ElEncantoSB, Executive Assistant Manager at Belmond El Encanto, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2015

Dear Scott M.,

Thank you for your complimentary review of Belmond El Encanto. Our Dining Room offerings from the menu as well as our seamless style for service truly make for an exceptional occasion to visit. Chef Leo's Signature California Halibut Ceviche is an authentic representation of a ceviche, Chef Leo having been brought up in a fisherman and culinary household his ceviche is definitive.

Would be our pleasure to welcome you back perhaps for another weekend getaway for an early summer retreat. Please feel free to contact me if I may be of assistance.

Reviewed 30 March 2015

I will never stay anywhere else. All other hotels/resorts pale in comparison to Belmond El Encanto. The service is exceptional, the food is outstanding and the grounds are all that Santa Barbara encompasses.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Delighted we have made yet another Belmond El Encanto supporter from just one visit. The enchanted grounds, luxurious accommodations and superb staff set the stage for a ideal visit to the American Riviera.

I hope your travels brings you back to our charming town and property and wish you and yours all the best until then. Please feel free to contact me if I may be of assistance.