“Authentic mexican food”

Rose Cafe
Ranked #121 of 585 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Tried this place last week for lunch since its a few minutes walk from our hotel. Its a simple diner style place. Was promptly greeted by the server behind the counter. Freshly made chips and salsa was immediately served. The salsa is a little bit spicy but i like it. The menudo was also good and spicy so careful with adding more spices. Good thing i tried the Horchata it goes well with the menudo. I also tried the taco. Overall it was good authentic mexican food and service was warm and friendly. Will be back to try the other dishes.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

This was on Memorial Sunday weekend. There were 8 of us in our group. It took them over 1 hour to service us the food. There were other people coming after us, and they were getting their food. We did not know and understand what was the delay. We asked the waitress what was the delay 2 times, and she said, "I will check and never came back". We were about to leave when finally the food came. By that time, I was too annoyed to enjoy it. The rest of my group members were so hungry, it tasted good to them. In addition, there was only one waitress working the outside tables and she was overwhelmed. I felt sorry for her. The waitress gave us a plate to go because one of the orders was incorrect. So do not go there if you have a large group. I will not return.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Wandered in here for breakfast with my wife. This is her favorite restaurant in Santa Barbara. She is a vegan. We walked in and the place had changed since we were there last. It was super clean and freshly painted. Turns out it had a new owner, the grandson of the founders. He bought it from his aunt. Same cooks. The food is still the real thing!

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had the best foodie experience !!Chili relleno was so cheesey and menudo was hot!!YummmmyyyWe're not from Santa Barbara..But trust me we will be back!!The waiter was kind and kept our glasses full and our chips!!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Great food! Great service! A really authentic experience. Only complaint is limited parking. Great Happy Hour prices.