“Authentic Mexican food”

Rose Cafe
Ranked #121 of 585 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had the best foodie experience !!Chili relleno was so cheesey and menudo was hot!!YummmmyyyWe're not from Santa Barbara..But trust me we will be back!!The waiter was kind and kept our glasses full and our chips!!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Great food! Great service! A really authentic experience. Only complaint is limited parking. Great Happy Hour prices.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

We actually came here after we got married and had a dinner party but didn't eat much and I think it was pretty late at night then --37 years ago , been coming here ever since. If you like something local, authentic, cozy, fairly cheap compared to most restaurants in Santa Barbara, and don't care about anything fancy and just want Mexican soul food this is it ! My husband who is a specialist on mole says the chicken mole is his favorite - but they don't always have it I think they usually do on Saturday night . I get the number four or seven combination plates don't miss out on the chili rellenos and. A small beef tacos have potato in it which are yummy. Their chips and salsa are good and their services super friendly and immediate ! It's our go to easy place and we don't want you coming to make it more crowded ha ha ! Kidding. But if you want something fancy and gourmet this is not that kind of thing .

Reviewed 27 May 2017

You cannot miss at this restaurant. Try the tacos, or burritos. In the heart of the ever changing Laguna district on Haley Street.

Reviewed 28 October 2016

Rose is like walking into my own kitchen without having to cook....Anna knows what I want, Freddy cooks it just like I love it...Huevos Rancheros.....my fave.
Love the food, people, area, love everything.