“Great Food, fast service”

Santa Barbara Shellfish Company
Ranked #30 of 585 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Read the reviews in tripadvisor and decided to go there with my wife to eat seafood. There were long queues to get a table, so we decided to order to go (much faster), and you can eat on the adjacent benches. Food was very tasty and delicious. Great place ! Will come back

Write a ReviewReviews (1,387)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a fun and delicious lunch at the SB Shellfish Company! The food was very fresh and the ocean views from the pier were such fun! The wait staff were efficient and helpful. A lovely place to eat that was well priced!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing seafood with live crab and lobster in tanks. Cannot be more fresh than that.
You can watch the pull you crab out of the tank live, cut it in half, and throw in the cooking pot.
We went here twice over a weekend as it was that good.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

I truly had a blast at this location. The Food was amazing. Crabs, Shrimp, and Lobster tacos were cooked to perfection. Nothing was over or under cooked and everything came out in record speed! The atmosphere is welcoming, casual and fun. All of the staff were a pleasure and open to my intense dedication to my crab. The seating is limited but if you get there early there isn't much of a wait. The cooking staff is amazingly professional as well and welcome a quick chat. This experience was completely up to par with my casual North East Crab experiences and highly recommend this to Crab Lovers looking for a quick treat.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed in Santa Barbara overnight and ate at the Santa Barbara Shellfish Company on the pier. The food was fresh and delicious. My wife got the 3 pound rock crab and I got the Cioppino. The rock crab was full and tasty. My Cioppino came in a bread bowl sopping in broth and full of tender seafood. I wouldn’t hesitate to go again and highly recommend this place. I would have given them 5 stars if for food alone, but the seating wasn’t comfortable. We had to sit at a little sidebar which wasn’t the most comfortable. So please remember to go for the food first and foremost.