“Very good food, great service! ”

Opal Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Opal Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 586 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Price range: US$10 - US$36
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A popular local’s favorite, opal restaurant and bar infuses an Eclectic California Cuisine with creative influences from around the World. Our chefs use the freshest of ingredients to create dishes inspired by the colorful multi-cultural heritage of America, often with an Asian flair. Items on our menu range from a 14 oz. Herb-Grilled Ribeye Steak on Tuscan Style White Beans, to Fresh Grilled Fish and Seafood, Homemade Pastas and Gourmet Pizzas from our wood burning pizza oven, fresh baked Breads, deliciously imaginative Salads and Homemade Desserts.
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

We visited the restaurant with the friends on late evening , they took us in no problem. I had lamb chops special lovely with mushrooms sauce. Not to expensive good comfortable food , service very good and friendly. Definitely I would be back !

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 8 September 2018

My wife and I visited Opal on the strength of the reviews. The service was very good but the atmosphere was rather sedate. Food was OK but very creamy and heavy. My wife struggled to eat half of her risotto and we were so bloated after an entree each that we couldn’t manage a sweet or anything alcoholic afterwards.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Food was O.K. Service was O.K. I won't go back but not bad. Can't remember what I ordered...Atmosphere is nice enough.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Opal is my "go to" for fun and delicious meals. The quality of the seafood and meat is great. I enjoy trying their specials as well as their regulars favorites.
The servers are accommodating and will gladly help if anyone has any food allergies or requests. It's like they all want us to be happy about choosing to eat there.
So, go for it. You'll be glad you did.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

This place seemed to be very well reviewed, but definitely failed to live up to the write ups. Atmosphere was totally lacking as was refinement and the descriptions on the menu were deceptive in their promise. Food was mediocre at best. Wine likewise. Only real positive was the service. However, that does not make up for a wasted evening when in search of good quality local fare. Avoid!

Date of visit: August 2018