“NIce French place in an old house”
Review of Stella Mare's

Stella Mare's
Reserve with OpenTable
Stella Mare's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 580 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cabrillo
Transit: Bus stop at the corner of Cabrillo blvd and Los Patos way (our street).
Description: Stella Mare’s is a Santa Barbara local’s favorite for lunch, brunch and dinner. French country recipes are offered with fresh fish, meats and poultry cooked on our wood-burning grill. Stella Mare's is perhaps one of the best examples of Santa Barbara style. Located between Montecito and Santa Barbara, this charming restaurant is housed in a historic landmark Victorian home, overlooking the Bird Refuge. The decor is French Provincial meets Santa Barbara style. The glass Greenhouse, with stunning views of the Bird Refuge, has cozy sofas, a fireplace, and a full service bar. “I'm so fortunate all over the world to find places that are very good that I can recommend, but I do have a short list of absolute musts. If you come anywhere near Santa Barbara, this is a must - Stella Mare’s, first of all, is so casual and homey. It's beautiful to look at, very relaxed atmosphere, and secondly the food is fantastic!” - Rachael Ray, Rachael’s Vacation Show - Food Network A bientot!
Reviewed 20 August 2018

I had the sole meuniere which I liked. My husband had the coq au vin that had a dark, savory gravy. I would go again.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We met friends for breakfast in Stella Mare’s and we will be back. Everything was perfect: ambiance, food, service. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

I waited 3 years to come back to this restaurant since the last time I was in Santa Barbara, and just as I found on previous trips, the food, service and ambiance is fantastic. Our server treated us like Queens, the escargot was to die for, and you couldn’t find a nicer, quiet and romantic little spot for dinner. I will return every time I am in town. Without fail it is a highlight.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We came this restaurant by chance, two ladies out walking recommended it to us and I am very glad they did as it was superb. Beautifully appointed with a huge glass conservatory style diningroom complete with Provençal style furniture and a raised fireplace. I had an excellent cassoulet (as good as any I have eaten in Carcassonne) and my partner had short rubs of beef which were very tender and tasty, highly recommended, no photos as phone was back in the hotel.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

We had our anniversary dinner here. The food was tasty -- we had the coq au vin and the filet mignon. The filet was medium-done and a fairly large cut (more than I could eat), with pink in the center, but just on the edge of being chewy. The sauce was very tasty. We shared a lentil soup--also very tasty. The decor was bright with a French floral theme that seemed better suited for lunch, rather than dark and romantic for an intimate anniversary dinner. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly. The French wines were also tasty. Everything was pretty reasonably priced, considering it was fine French food. Would recommend to couples or small groups if you want to enjoy a special night out. I would like to try lunch in their conservatory sometime, but not on a sunny day.