All reviewsparking lot is smallthe main streetamenitiesrefrigeratorsanta
Reviewed 31 July 2017

The hotel belongs to the Centic Hyatt which is on the Main Street opposite the beach. You need to check in there before you drive around the corner to your end location. It is only a 3 minute walk. The rooms are very modern, clean and you have everything you need there. You receive 2 bottles of water and coffee/tee for free. The rooms to the park/parking lot have a small balcony. The rooms are air conditioned. The beds are very comfortable. We used the pool and the bar in the main hotel. The pool is smaller than it seems in the pictures but very nice plus you also have a spa. You can have drinks and little snacks there too with a happy hour from 4-7pm. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: get a room at least on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Wish I read the reviews prior to booking this property. The only reason I booked this hotel was for the "reasonable" room rate; however, the room was definitely not worth that rate ($260/night).

As a previous reviewer mentioned, Room 143 does not lend itself to a comfortable and restful night of sleep. The iron gate slams often and the elevator is right next door.

The Wifi didn't work in the room and I had intermittent reception just using my data. The fridge cover was wrapped with cardboard (see photo attached). There was a leaf blower at 8a Friday morning...really?!

This is the third time I've stayed at a Hyatt property and my last. I haven't had a good experience at any.

I gave one additional star specifically for valet as they were nice enough to plug in my electric vehicle for a couple of hours. Also, front desk was pleasant.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
5  Thank Dream714868
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had. I booked this hotel for a special mother/daughter overnight with my seven year old daughter. This hotel was wildly inappropriate, as there is no staff, no security on the premises. The advertised pool and dining are not on the premises!! While the rooms, once inside, are nice, from the outside it looks like a dumpy apartment building. I was uncomfortable and felt unsafe coming and going at night. We therefore did not use the "included access" to the pool and other amenities at the main building, especially because the walk from SB House to the main building felt unsafe. The building is next to train tracks and not in a nice or well lit location. To make matters worse, there were two adults and a small child who parked themselves on the front entrance of the building with their pit bull and several suitcases for the entire two days we were there. This meant that we had to walk around them or ask them to move for us to enter and exit the building. Since there was no one working at the location, there was no one to help us with this, particularly at night. I can honestly say that in my many decades of traveling all over the world, this made for one of the worst hotel experiences I've had. To call this a hotel is an insult to hotels everywhere. This is inexcusable, especially for over $200/night. Hyatt should be ashamed of themselves.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
15  Thank Karen B M
Reviewed 21 June 2017

To be honest, after booking on Expedia and reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I was worried. I don't stay at many Hyatts, but as business traveler prefer the Marriott and Hilton hotels, where possible. The room price of $201 was reasonable for the area. Overall, the room was better than expected, and deserves a better rating.

Pros: Room was spacious, updated, and clean. Room had a very good AC and a refrigerator. Building is secure and clean. Yes, there are homeless in the area, but they are everywhere in Santa Barbara. Parking is free.

Cons: As many have stated, it's not at the main hotel which houses the other amenities (pool, bar, restaurant). Yes, check-in is at the main building. Parking is tight, but so is every other street and parking lot in Santa Barbara. Parking a Ford Expedition took some patience. There is a $20 destination fee, which is really the only reason I scored this a 4 (Disneyland Good Neighbor hotels didn't charge a destination fee).

Room Tip: Room 247 was at the top of the stairs and on a corner. We had a nice view of the parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2017

In a city surrounded by Spanish influence and beautiful ocean views, the Hyatt House was none of that. This is the second time we have had a disapponting stay at a Hyatt. I think we will be sticking to Westin Properties. As others had commented, the address is incorrect. We arrived late at night and it was almost impossible to locate. We parked in the lot and were greeted to a located gate with a note attached which said check-around the corner at the real Hyatt.; be forewarned, it is not around the corner. The Hyatt House was a definite conversion that still needs converting. Steer clear!

Stayed: May 2017