“Great Santa Barbara location!”

Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara
Ranked #28 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 July 2017

This hotel was a great location to restaurants, beach, wharf and wine testing! No need to move your car if you just want a great walking location! The staff at the hotel was wonderful! Bikes on property too!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Honestly, I'm touched by her kindness. I've visited a lot of hotel over the years as I travel for business, but I can honestly say I've never met someone so humble, hardworking, and polite in my life. The hotel is good, but Irma bumps this place from 4 stars to 5 in my books. Safe Journeys.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Amanda G, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Sundeep B,
Our associates work hard to ensure that each guest receives a personalized experience and we truly appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge the wonderful service Irma provided. Irma is a gem and we are grateful to have her on our team. Your comments are motivating to all staff and we hope to welcome you back to Hotel Indigo the next time you are in Santa Barbara! Thank you again for the positive review.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

What a great night. Sat outside and watched the world wander by as we ate very well.
A very exciting and different 'Mexican" fare. Limited wine list, but okay. Beers and mixed drinks as well. Started with hot chips and three types of salsas brought to our table. All three were good -- none too spicy. So if you like to go spicy hot, you'll need to ask for an upgrade. Great food and locale. Enjoy.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Amanda G, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Dear EDD1967_83, Thank you for the wonderful review! I am glad you really enjoyed Santo Mezcal. It is definitely an exciting restaurant! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

If you go in knowing what to expect, this hotel is a nice experience. I quite enjoyed this stylish hotel for the most part. The building itself is historic, but the interior looks like a modern art gallery. The rooms are very small, but for me the modern décor makes up for that. Everything in the room was clearly designed to maximize space. And then there are the infamous bathrooms. It’s the smallest I’ve ever seen with the toilet, sink, and shower all sharing the same space. But again it was cleverly designed. There’s a foldable glass partition that keeps the shower water off the toilet. All that said, space is at a premium. So if you travel with a lot of things this place may be too cramped. The one thing I didn’t like was the window in my room was blacked out. I don’t know if that was intentional or if it was due to construction. Also this place is near the train tracks. It didn’t bother me, but it may be too much noise for some people. The location of this hotel is great. It’s right by the Funk Zone and within walking distance to downtown and the wharf. For a short one or two night stay, I’d recommend this hotel. I was there for four nights, and after a couple nights I found myself wanting a bigger room—or a window.

Room Tip: Rooms are small, but there are choices for slightly larger rooms. Book smartly.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Not Cheap but great value for money
You cannot fault the location of this hotel. I know some people complain about the train noise, but they were less intrusive than the ones near my house! Easy walk to the beach and to multiple good looking eating houses. Made use of the loan bikes that allowed me to see a little more. The room was on the small side, reflecting the heritage of the hotel, but unless you are looking for somewhere to send a lot of time inside more than adequate. Loved the shower. The thing I like about Indigo hotels is that although they are part of a chain each one is individual.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple