“Chicken Burrito Awesome”

Super Cucas
Ranked #215 of 586 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 19 August 2015

I have been enjoying Cuca's since I was a little kid. I love that there is a location on the Mesa. The food is always good. I am a huge fan of their chicken burritos (hold the rice). They are so big and so good, I have to remind myself to put the burrito down.

Date of visit: July 2015

Reviewed 7 October 2014

Sure, Rudys did it first, but if they're crowded, try this. Probably more authentic now, since Rudys has branched out, and the tacos and burittos are big, bad and full of goodies. Lots of salsas on the salsa bar, real tortilla chips and even the cheap thin paper napkins (you'll need a dozen) won't slow you down. The wet burrito is the bomb!

Date of visit: October 2014
1  Thank oldfresno
Reviewed 10 September 2014

they are the size of Texas with pretty awesome seasoning. Its being a neighborhood restaurant for over 25 years. locals place.

Date of visit: May 2014
1  Thank GoldenRoostersb
Reviewed 31 May 2012

What a great burrito! Huge burrito, so tasty, and so economical too. We sat outside in the patio dining and couldn't have been happier. The food here is authentic Mexican food and in a town full of many Mexican restaurants, this is many locals' favorite. Not fancy at all - just great food for a great price.

I think there are more Super Cucas in town, but I go to the one on Micheltorena St. near San Andres, and I love it.

Date of visit: May 2012
1  Thank HappyTrails12345
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Super Cuca's super burritos are as advertised 'fully loaded' and a good deal. My family has been devouring their burritos for at least a decade. We range in favorite burritos (chicken, carne asada, vegetable) but always come back to the carnitas. Unless mega hungry we usually can only eat a half portion. The salsas are great - varied from scorching to mild and there's some pickled carrots. The cafe is pretty bleak with a few tables and one or two outside on the narrow sidewalk. We prefer to take out - either home or to Shoreline Park just a few blocks away. If you eat in you will get some chips along with your burrito, if you take out you have to pay extra.

Date of visit: January 2012