“Grilled Cheese Night with desserts galore!”
Review of Scarlett Begonia

Cross street: State Street
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Yes please!
More please!
Went last Wednesday night which is grilled cheese night and boy we're my tastebuds happy. They're making scrumptious gourmet spreads loaded with cheeses, herbs, jams, you name it. And save room for dessert because they have The Best homemade pies in the county. In fact all their desserts are amazing, yes we got them all! Pics to prove our smorgasbord. Go now!

Reviewed 20 June 2017

We had a few places in mind for breakfast on State St (walkable from our hotel) so we decided to stroll by and peek in each one. We kept walking until we got to the last place, Scarlett Begonia. It was a little confusing figuring out which place was it but we were drawn to the open courtyard in the middle (we didn't really look inside so I can't speak for that atmosphere). The hostess out front was so friendly that we couldn't resist sitting down. We loved our choice. Service was friendly and very attentive and the food was great. I ordered the brioche french toast that came with peanut butter marscarpone. It was wonderful with lots of fresh fruit on the plate. Pretty sure my husband had an omelette and I know he enjoyed his too. I could have sat there all day, I didn't want to leave. I would definitely recommend it and will go back if we ever find ourselves in beautiful SB again. If I lived there this would be my place. You should go if for no other reason than the cute name. :)

Reviewed 4 May 2017

I love this restaurant! While the food was good, the best part for me was the location. It is located in a courtyard in the middle of a large block off State Street and Victoria Street. It could be a bit hard to find, but it is worth the search. It is quiet and peaceful inside the courtyard, which is pleasantly landscaped and decorated. A great place for a leisurely breakfast or lunch. Enjoy!

Reviewed 22 April 2017

My young family and I were staying in Santa Barbara for the week and we decided to try Scarlett Begonia for Easter brunch. We loved it! From finding the place to my last bite of my fried chicken with kimchi ketchup. It was heaven. We sat outside, it felt a little European. The staff was attentive and friendly. Love the chefs Korean Asian flavors. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

We had breakfast/brunch with friends this morning at Scarlet Begonia. Everything was delicious , especially the baked goods (you can shop at their wonderful bakery off of Milpas!!). Do not miss the scrambled eggs with mushrooms, potatoes and vegetables! Best breakfast in Santa Barbara.