“A great family kayak ”

and up
Kayak Rental
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Paddle Sports Center is Santa Barbara's premier Kayak | SUP | Surf rental, membership, instruction, and tour center. Explore the Santa Barbara waterfront & view sea birds, sea lions, seals, dolphins, and even whales! We provide instruction and comfortable/quality gear. Our rental rates are the best in town and our local guides are extremely knowledgable about the area. We have been serving the local community for over 25 years, and we guarantee that you will have an enjoyable experience.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Took 4 kayaks out and had a great time - friendly and efficient staff, good range of equipment and a great location to get out and explore from

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"coastline"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I had the pleasure of taking a "stand-up paddleboarding" adventure with this company, and boy was I impressed! As someone who grew up in Iowa I was never exposed to the ocean, so I had my doubts about riding a rickety piece of plastic above an ocean full of things that want to kill me. My nerves were calmed by none other than the paddle center's owner himself, Garrett (Gar-bear) Kababik. Garit was so fun to paddle with and made the experience that much more enjoyable. He was cracking lots of funny jokes while focusing on safety and adventure. At one point he even led us through the pier, where we participated in some technical paddling around the beams that support the pier. It was amazing! After paddle-boarding we got to hang out at the paddle center for a bit and I was so inspired by Garret's values and mission. Not only does he love the ocean but he also loves sharing his passion with the world. Check these guys out, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Patrick O
Reviewed 21 July 2017

We just finished a week of vacation in California (up and down the coast), and our afternoon of kayaking in the SB harbor was one of the highlights. We'd had alternate plans, so this was a spontaneous decision to rent kayaks on our own - there was plenty of availability when we called. The staff was great from the first phone call to the start and end of our rental time. The PSC is easy to find and in a great location - the rental rates are extremely reasonable - they will orient you based on any level of experience - and they take you right to the spot where you can drop your shoes and hop in your kayak. We also received excellent directions and suggestions on where to paddle, where to beach, sites to see and how to get the most out of our time and experience. It was a gorgeous day and a wonderful way to experience the SB harbor and just enjoy the views and the ocean. This is a top-notch outfit, and we'll be happy to come back.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Had an incredible day on the water yesterday thanks to the efforts of the friendly folks at the Paddle Sports Center. My paddleboard rental was easy, accessible and fun. The guys at the shop provided a detailed rundown of paddleboarding techniques, and hooked me up with all the gear I'd need to enjoy my time on the water. Being right in the harbor, we had so many options to explore the SB coastline. Our day at Ledbetter was perfect. Thanks, Paddle Sports!