“Wonderful wedding location!”

Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Not only does this location provide the 'wow' factor for visiting guests (many of whom had never visiting Santa Barbara before), but it also provides top-notch service and great customer care.

I booked my wedding reception in the El Mar room last November, and since then I had either Akiko or Maria making sure each step along the way was taken care of so that the night of the event would run smoothly. They worked with me and assured me everything would be just as I had imagined it - and it was! While I made an effort to be organized and stress-free, they certainly helped make the bulk of the experience so. Especially since I live in NYC and a cross-country wedding was not an easy-breezy undertaking (I'm from CA originally and wanted something representative of my beautiful state!). The entire place is rich with informal design, elegant and understated. Everything I wanted.

The night (Sept 30) was a dream (the amazing weather didn't hurt!) and the banquet manager, Mark, went above and beyond after one of my mother's friend's stones fell loose from a ring. He combed the intricate carpet pattern for the missing gem and delivered it to us the following morning. And of course, our brunch the next morning in the Palermo Garden was a simple but lovely affair.

The room (El Mar - we had a smallish wedding at 66 people), the service, the food (!) - we went for four courses, not including the wedding cake - was divine and our friends and family could not believe how beautiful it all was. Maria even helped to stick around after cocktail hour so guests could be directed towards their designated table (I left the table chart to the last minute...so, it didn't happen). I should have prefaced this all by saying I kept my expectations moderate so that I wouldn't be flustered or turn into a bridezilla - but by the overall look of it all, one might have thought I lost sleep over the planning process! Success :)

For the reasonable cost (I think) you get an incredible location (a destination for those traveling), incredible food and wine, the ease of having several vendors under one roof, and of course impeccable service. I would 100% recommend this route to any girl (or guy) looking for their wedding venue! I did have to rent a few things (chairs, linens) but for the most part what you see is what you get, and there's certainly no trouble with that.

Now, I just can't wait to get back in years to come to celebrate our anniversary...not a bad excuse for years to come!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,201)

Reviewed 10 October 2012

This Four seasons property is the best place to stay in SB. The access to the beach and the renovated Casino Beach club is worth the price. The grounds are lush and lovely. We were upgraded to a Cottage (for a small charge). The food at the beach club and the outdoor restaurant at the hotel were excellent if not expensive. If you can afford it, there is no where else to stay in SB.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Our 3 nights at the Four Seasons was part of a long road trip with our dog. From the moment we entered until we checked out, everything was perfect (or almost). We stayed in Cottage 61, which was well placed to be closer to the self park as well as the entrance to the lobby. We loved having our own cottage. At first I was resentful that because of our dog, we had to stay in a cottage. But that was a a true benefit. I am sure the quiet cottage was better than dealing with the shared walls, and the potential from noise within the hallways and above.

Our room had a fabulous bathroom with white and blue tiles. But to us, our favorite part was the giant walk in closet. Both of us could unpack . Then we could close the door and the room still stayed neat (my husband can be very unorganized and messy).

The dog was completely at ease (which doesn't often happen unless the room is thoroughly cleaned to rid it of previous doggy smells).

Our only complaint is the bed. We admit that we prefer firm so we are somewhat biased. However, the bed in our room had such extreme dips in the mattress that if you start in the middle and roll off the center, it feels like rolling down a hill. Once in the dip, you literally cannot turn over. The down mattress pad and the down duvet would be perfect for an igloo in Alaska. But for moderate temperatures in the high 60s, down is just not necessary .

When our relatives came to visit us from a nearby town, they had never seen the Biltmore. They were literally speechless. It's that drop dead gorgeous.

I booked our reservation 9 months in advance and almost cancelled it many times after reading about the train. I am the most sensitive sleeper ever. My husband talked me into giving it a try because the only other dog friendly option in Santa Barbara is the Hyatt, facing a noisy road. I reluctantly kept the reservation but I came prepared with lots of foam ear plugs and my white noise machine. I turned on the machine nightly and used new ear plugs each night. I am still amazed that not even once was my sleep disturbed by the train (my husband said he was awakened at 2 am only once). Even during the day I never heard the rumble, rumble of the train--just a quick whistle. Maybe the cottages closer to edge of the property would be more prone to hear the noise. I can honestly state that the train is no big deal and should not influence your decision about whether or not you want to stay at this property.

(We loved the room but must downgrade the category below because of the mattress. The "value" category below I chose 5* because we got a deal of pay 2 nights get one free. Otherwise $505 seems too high)

We certainly are looking forward to a return visit on our next road trip and hoping by then, a new mattress will appear. With a new mattress, we will never want to leave!

Room Tip: Call reservations and talk to someone on the staff about where you would like to be placed within th...
1  Thank GoldenJudy
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I can't say enough about how incredible my experience was with the Four Seasons Biltmore. I am a wedding planner based out of San Francisco and one of my clients chose this property for their wedding (about 200 guests, La Pacifica Room right on the ocean).

From start to finish Maria Axtios and her team were absolutely impeccable. Everyone was so service oriented and a real pleasure to work with. The guests were so well taken care of and everything ran so smooth. I couldn't have asked for more.

If you are considering this location for your wedding promise me you will NOT be disappointed!

Reviewed 8 October 2012

I was told by the Director of Catering at the Four Seasons Biltmore that they would "move the moon for me" and throughout the wedding planning and the wedding weekend itself, they took that promise to heart. Wedding planning can be stressful but not with the Biltmore. The entire staff was amazing, helpful, gracious and accommodating.

When choosing our wedding venue, we looked for a location that would be beautiful, unique and comfortable for our guests - most of whom were traveling from out of state and outside the country. Our guests continue to rave about the hotel and wedding venue site. Everything was impeccable. The service was seamless and the food was out-of-this-world delicious.

The quality of their ingredients is another reason we chose the Biltmore for our wedding venue - when you feed that many people you want to make sure each individual guest has an amazing experience. No sad banquet menus here - at the Biltmore, you will find inventive dishes with seasonal and organic ingredients. They accept nothing less that exceptional and you can taste it.

Their attention to detail so far exceeds the standard, the Four Seasons Biltmore is in a class of their own. We also hosted our day-after brunch at the hotel, which was just as amazing. The catering staff makes everything special. The food was delicious and the setting was phenomenal. I had heard their Bloody Marys were famous and they deserve all the praise.

And for your wedding guests: the Four Seasons Biltmore has perfected the ideal vacation hotel - comfortable for couples and families alike. Everyone enjoyed their stay at the hotel. The rooms are luxurious and comfortable. The grounds are gorgeous and the amenities are insane! The staff makes you feel like home.

By the time all our guests had checked out, and we said our thank yous and good-byes, I felt like I was leaving family. The Biltmore really cares - they go above and beyond.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family