Not only does this location provide the 'wow' factor for visiting guests (many of whom had never visiting Santa Barbara before), but it also provides top-notch service and great customer care.
I booked my wedding reception in the El Mar room last November, and since then I had either Akiko or Maria making sure each step along the way was taken care of so that the night of the event would run smoothly. They worked with me and assured me everything would be just as I had imagined it - and it was! While I made an effort to be organized and stress-free, they certainly helped make the bulk of the experience so. Especially since I live in NYC and a cross-country wedding was not an easy-breezy undertaking (I'm from CA originally and wanted something representative of my beautiful state!). The entire place is rich with informal design, elegant and understated. Everything I wanted.
The night (Sept 30) was a dream (the amazing weather didn't hurt!) and the banquet manager, Mark, went above and beyond after one of my mother's friend's stones fell loose from a ring. He combed the intricate carpet pattern for the missing gem and delivered it to us the following morning. And of course, our brunch the next morning in the Palermo Garden was a simple but lovely affair.
The room (El Mar - we had a smallish wedding at 66 people), the service, the food (!) - we went for four courses, not including the wedding cake - was divine and our friends and family could not believe how beautiful it all was. Maria even helped to stick around after cocktail hour so guests could be directed towards their designated table (I left the table chart to the last minute...so, it didn't happen). I should have prefaced this all by saying I kept my expectations moderate so that I wouldn't be flustered or turn into a bridezilla - but by the overall look of it all, one might have thought I lost sleep over the planning process! Success :)
For the reasonable cost (I think) you get an incredible location (a destination for those traveling), incredible food and wine, the ease of having several vendors under one roof, and of course impeccable service. I would 100% recommend this route to any girl (or guy) looking for their wedding venue! I did have to rent a few things (chairs, linens) but for the most part what you see is what you get, and there's certainly no trouble with that.
Now, I just can't wait to get back in years to come to celebrate our anniversary...not a bad excuse for years to come!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just steps from one of the most beautiful beaches in California, with private bungalows and terraces that overlook the Pacific Ocean and Channel Islands. Set amongst 22-acres of lush jungle and tranquil gardens, Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara defines luxury living and service on the American Riviera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
- Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara Hotel Santa Barbara
- Four Seasons Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Four Seasons