Kimpton Canary Hotel(Santa Barbara)
US$596
US$504
Kimpton
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$448
US$409
  • Beachfront
Ramada by Wyndham Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$201
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$456
US$272
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$302/night.

Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$268
Harbor View Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$488
US$420
US$228
US$218
Lemon Tree Inn(Santa Barbara)
US$228
Best Western Beachside Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$286
US$252
  • Breakfast included
The Wayfarer(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$336
US$245
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main housesun roomgreenwich cottageparlor roomhors d'oeuvres and winecarriage roomtack roomwrap around porchstate streetgarden cottagethe cottageswood burning fireplacebreakfast deliveredafternoon winebed and breakfastcookiesbeautiful grounds
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Hotel has excellent location - very close to historical center, best restaurants, museum and the Mission. We stayed in Hayloft room which was pretty, comfortable and has great atmosphere. Hotel offers free parking space and very decent breakfast. Staff was nice and friendly. Recommended.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Tony P, General Manager at Simpson House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Dear Robert F,
Thank you for staying at the Simpson House Inn. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Wish there were 1/2 stars because this charming Inn was a 4 1/2 stars for this one night stay on March 30th. It is really a 5 star experience as memory tells me from our stay several years back in one of the cottages. This trip was just for one evening. We met friends from Central CA and had scheduled activities and did not have much time except for sleeping in our room. So we decided to stay in the main house in the Margaret Simpson Room. We enjoyed the room and view from the second floor to the gardens and fountain below but the bed was not very comfortable. Neither my husband nor I slept very well on the mattress. And every time we rose to use the bathroom the bed creaked. While we enjoy the history of the Inn and it's antiquity I guess we are beyond the days when copper piping wrapped around the claw foot tub to bring water to the shower head is adventurous. We are seniors and enjoy a steady high volume of water from a more modern set-up. I feel badly even having to mention these annoyances. Tony, Nicole and Diane are some of the best hosts we have encountered in our travels. They make you feel like you are indeed in their private home. The afternoon snacks & wine and scrumptious breakfast was definitely a 5. They welcomed us to remain and enjoy the lovely manicured English gardens after check out. And we did just that while reading and relaxing. There is no question we will return on our next trip when we meet our friends or on our own. Thank you for the incredible service you provide!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Tony P, General Manager at Simpson House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear Elaine W,
Thank you for those wonderful words about Nicole, Diane and myself. We are grateful for staying with us and we look forward to your return. We are making a list of beds to replace and the Margaret Simpson will be the first on the list. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

The beautiful and well kept grounds, nicely restored interior and hospitality make for a most pleasant and memorable visit. Floors are creaky and there's no elevator to upstairs rooms, but all adds to the charm of this historical house. Rooms have a 19th century feel, but are spacious and complete with most modern amenities. Breakfasts are what you might expect from a fine dining restaurant and china looks more like something Grandma may have salvaged from a century ago. Truly charming, quiet throughout, but we would request a downstairs room upon return.

Room Tip: Expect a hike up old creaky stairs or request a downstairs room or cottage.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Kent S,
We are glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Simpson House Inn. We are sorry your upstairs room was inconvenient and we would be glad to discuss other room options available for your return visit. Please call me direct to make your reservation for your future stay. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

I stayed in the Hayloft room for 1 night and the room was beautiful and comfortable. I just wished the room was bigger. Nicole, the host was amazing. She went above what I expected and made my stay a pleasant stay. Now I regret only staying for only one night.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Victoria Y
Tony P, General Manager at Simpson House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Dear Victoria Y,
Thank you so much for staying at the Simpson House Inn and for your kind words about Nicole. Nicole is a valued team member here and we are fortunate to have her with us. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

I am just back from a 4-night stay at the Simpson House wishing I could have stayed longer! Built in 1874, the inn has been lovingly restored and maintained since the 1990s. I had the smallest room, the Mary Simpson, with a private bath in the hall. While it would be very tight for a couple, it was perfect for a solo traveler. Large mirrors gave the room a sense of spaciousness. An orchid with 10 blooms grew in a small pot placed on a table in front of lace curtain-covered windows overlooking the garden; soothing sounds of a fountain below added to the peaceful ambience.

Escaping the dreary gray Seattle rain, I had come to Santa Barbara to walk, and walk I did daily: in the lovely Alice Keck Memorial Gardens across from the inn, 1 1/2 blocks over to State St's many shops/restaurants, 6-7 blocks down to the neo-Spanish Courthouse and modern Library, and a mile up to the Old Mission and back. But my favorite activity was just sitting outside in the beautiful gardens at Simpson House breathing in the lovely fragrances.

The quality of service, amenities, & food was 5-star. I particularly enjoyed the house-made cookies that came out mid-day fresh from the oven, perfect for afternoon tea on the veranda. And the evening wine hour with hors d'oeuvres was
convivial with generous pours of interesting local wines.

If I ever return to Santa Barbara--and I hope that I do--I will look forward to staying at Simpson House again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Tony P, General Manager at Simpson House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Dear Sunstarved63,
Thank you so much for staying at the Simpson House Inn and for the wonderful comments. We are so grateful for you staying with us and we look forward to your return.