“A 5 Star B and B”

Ranked #1 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
San Diego, California
“A 5 Star B and B”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

This is a beautiful B and B conveniently located in Santa Barbara - within walking distance to many attractions. The house and gardens are glorious. We had a lovely room with a large wrap-around balconey that included a dining area and several lounge areas. The food was delicious and the service excellent. I'd highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We stayed here as part of our wedding anniversary celebrations and the staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. The house and grounds are stunning and we stayed in the sun room which has a lovely deck, perfect for the sunny autumn day we were there on. The afternoon wine and nibbles were a nice touch and breakfast in our room was great. Enjoyed Santa Barbara itself, if I could criticise the town I'd say it was almost too perfect and a little over-polished, but that isn't much of a complaint!

Do not hesitate to stay at this hotel, its worth every penny.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank surfingonsinewaves
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Everyone was really nice. I was at peace when I saw the Garden with fountains everywhere. The best thing about the hotel was their breakfast which you could request to be deliver right at your door steps. The lemon pancake was to die for. We stayed in the Greenwich Cottage, it had a Jacuzzi and a fireplace. The only complaint I have was the pillows, it was too soft but I guess that's just me. I did though found some left over hair on the floor (not a big deal). Everything else was clean and in top shape.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Napa, California
Reviewed 16 January 2012

This is one of the best B&B's anywhere. I was there in October for my birthday for two days after spending one night there in January. You drive in to this pretty little driveway & people are standing there to greet you. They ask your name & tell you a little about in Inn, then one will show you to your room ar cottage. I had a cottage that looked like it should have been in a Hansel & Gretal storybook! A beautiful bed, a jaccuzzi bathtub, a huge rock fireplace. They have cut wood outside your door for you & if you request it, they will have a fire going for you when you come back from downtown. The bed is so comfortable! There is a smal bathroom with a shower.
The first day I was there I went downtown & got back about 8:00. They asked me if I was going to join them for the sweet buffet. I thought I would just like to curl up with some popcorn & a fire. You guessed it. They went in & popped me some corn & brought it out to me. They serve a veg. breakfast that you can have delivered to your room & you can join everyone in the dining room. I had it in my room both days. Opened the shutters, let the sun in & enjoy!
The Simpson House is close to downtown Santa Barbara. I drove downtown & went on a catamaran ride, had dinner, went shopping & ate frozen yogurt!
You can sit outside & enjoy th efresh air or take a video from their massave DVD library. All in all, I can't think of much that you can't get here. Definately a thumbs up for this girl!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Greenwich Room the first time, which is a beautul cottage. The next time I was in Ab...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I stayed in this wonderful place while on a solo road trip from San Francisco to LA. The place is absolutely great: 1. It has a lot of character and simultaneously you are minutes away from the city main street 2. The garden is outstanding and food service is simply great

And most of all staff is Incredibly helpful in any possible way. I was guided where to dine, jog etc. All these creates a unique atmosphere. The feeling is really amazing.

If you want unforgettable experience, choose these place. I would be definitely back.

Room Tip: I was in Sun room that has a great deck, I could spend a whole day there:)
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo