“Love Me Some Shabu Shabu!”
Review of Shabu Shabu Bar

Shabu Shabu Bar
Ranked #134 of 693 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 2 September 2015

This is the greatest little hidden treasure in Santa Ana. Our first time here after many recommendations, and we were not disappointed. The employees were very friendly, very helpful, and full of good advice for us first timers. Our dining experience was fun, hands on, delicious and very social. We had chicken and prime rib eye and both were good. The bonus was, we had lunch and were so full, that we took our soup to go and had a second meal to boot.

Reviewed 3 March 2015

This is the first time we have ever been to a Shabu place. It was recommended by friends and it definitely didn't disappoint. I have been to Melting Pot a couple of times and I would roughly equate it to that, only this is much more casual and a lot less expensive. I liked it better as well. The Waiter/Server was very helpful and explained everything and gave us lots of tips and options. Checked on us often and was great. The group next to us were "regulars" and were drinking sake. They were sharing with the servers and with us too. It was fun. Drinks are very reasonably priced. We were full when we left. My wife took a to go box for the soup because it was too much for her to eat in one sitting. We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

When our regular shabu shabu restaurant closed down, we were lost. We stumbled across this place and haven't missed the old place once. The portions are good, prices are in line with what you get, and the soup at the end is always a hi light. Make sure you go right when they open or be prepared to wait. This place is very popular and fills up quickly.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I have given this place high marks in the past, but recently have been reading some negative reviews about my fav shabu place. Had to check it out again last night and still must maintain my initial review of the quality food, taste, presentation and service. Definitely an energy charged atmosphere and a plus to the servers who help make the experience so enjoyable. Met the owner Greg last night - what a nice guy!!!!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I love the food here. It's fresh and you can cook the meat as little or as long as you want. The service is good and I like the atmosphere. My neice and I make it a habit to meet and eat here a couple of times a year. Making my stomach grumble just thinking about it!