“Very Nice Staff.”

Courtesy Inn San Simeon
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in San Simeon
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We only checked in for one night but it was a very pleasant stay. We were given a room with an ocean view which was lovely to wake up to in the morning. When I called the desk because I was having trouble working the shower they sent out their maintenance guy within minutes, turned out is was me not knowing how to work the shower and he kindly showed me how without any fuss. On checking in we were given a 10% off voucher for the San Simeon Lodge, restaurant next door, and we also booked breakfast there at the Courtsey Inn desk. My only compaint, the curtains didn't meet in the middle so I had to stand on a chair and adjust the curtain hooks on the track.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alison S

Reviewed 16 February 2012

I discovered the Courtesy Inn just this past November in my search for quiet lodging near an extended-stay project on the central coast. I was delighted to find a courteous staff with a great indoor heated pool and sauna; in all the time I was there be not one incident of anything unpleasant; including a negotiable long-term stay weekly rate. Centrally located in San Simeon where I enjoyed a large ocean-view room in rock-solid wood-frame structure unaffected by any excess noise from neighboring guests. Really gracious. Thank you for such a reasonable & warm experience. See you again soon...JEB II

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank jamesbending
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Hello folks, just a few words of my thoughts. I came here in December for a few days and I'm here again in Feb. This places is not like what people tend to make it out to be with the reviews. We like it here because the of price, indoor pool and staff are honest. I asked about things to make my stay better, they helped. It's nothing to write home about, and yes you'll find folks to pick it apart I'm sure. It's clean, quiet, safe and affordable most of all. One may go and can pay $100 a night and get better but some folks rather not. Complaining about this place is pointless unless you did have a problem. I asked twice about certain things, staff were right on it, what more can be done. I really like this area, there is so much to explore, really nice sites and friendly folks. Coming here to this place to rest afterward has met my needs. I came here for the area not the looks of this place. I have asked for the same room as last because of the bed and in all my nights away from home, this one is the best. These people seem to care here and will do what they can to make your stay enjoyable, that's all one can ask for the rest is up to you. I thank all the folks here and will plan returning again soon, have fun in life folks, take care.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank oscar c
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We came to the COURTESY INN because 1 of our friends recommend this place .
We are a family of 5 so we had to ask for a large room and they gave us the family room with 3 beds for a good price , the staff are very helpful and the rooms are very clean.
My kids enjoy that large indoor pool they have, we recommend this place and will be back.

Room Tip: upstairs rooms are more quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jennifer198624
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Desk person appeared confused on check in, even with my reservation info. 1st room smelled like a wet dog, even though they had the window open. Next room was better smelling, but neither was the king bedroom I reserved, although desk did seem to care. Pool OK, nice hot tub. Advertised an American breakfast (?), but only had coffee. No one spoke English when asking about the "breakfast". Dirty, old, & outdated.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
0.5 km away
Sea Breeze Inn
Sea Breeze Inn
#3 of 10 in San Simeon

Been to Courtesy Inn San Simeon? Share your experiences!