US$146
US$123
US$157
US$150
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

US$176
Villa Inn(San Rafael)
US$130
Motel 6 San Rafael(San Rafael)
US$102
US$90
Marin Lodge(San Rafael)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$151
US$129
Panama Hotel(San Rafael)
US$149
US$223
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$263/night.

1,351 results
All reviewsthe manager's receptionhappy hourindoor poolmade to order breakfastmarin countykoi pondfree breakfastcivic centerbeautiful lobbybreakfast was excellentwine countrythe breakfast arealiving roommuir woodsoatmealthe golden gate bridgeatrium
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Really enjoyed the visit. Too crowded though on the holiday weekend. Hot breakfast and the complimentary wine reception was very good. Rooms were big. Extra sofa bed was helpful for our family of 5. Recommend the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
IzzyNavarrete, Sales Coordniator at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thank you for giving us a great rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I'm sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

This was a disappointment. For the price I would have rather stayed at a smaller, more local hotel. This place is too big for its britches. I don't mind that it all looks "dated" because after it is built, what can you do?? But everything needs a new coat of paint and is slightly "crumbling". The furniture is all scratched and chipped and the carpet in my room was stained in a few places. I was placed on the 3rd floor in a King Suite. I noticed the room smelled a bit smokey when I got in but thought it would be weird to have been placed in a Smoking room without being asked if that was okay. The window latch was broken so I couldn't open it to air the room out. When I got back in later that evening I noticed the smell of cigarette smoke was coming through the vent in the bathroom. GROSS! So I kept the door closed the entire time and took all my things out of the bathroom including my bath towel. Do I really need to explicitly ask for a non smoking room in this day and age? Apparently so. A few other disappointing things: I noticed in the morning that cream colored make-up smudges were on TWO pillow cases. I don't wear make up. Both drinking glasses were dirty so I drank out of the paper cups (which are very wasteful, though this place boasts being "Green"). The breakfast was pretty yuk and the same at every single chain hotel that boasts "breakfast included". At this point I was OVER this place and so glad to be leaving. They charged me $9 for parking. Though at no time did I note anyone walking around to check if the parked cars had paid, I parked on the street for free.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is a smoking floor
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
IzzyNavarrete, Sales Coordinator at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that the experience did not meet your expectations and I would like to apologize for this. Please note that we take extreme pride in keeping our property up to the highest of standards, but clearly we had a lapse during your time with us. We have passed your concerns about the smoke smell, the cups and the pillow cases to our executive housekeeper to take corrective actions for this as it is unacceptable and make sure it will not happen again in the future.

For breakfast, please let us know what you would like to see at a continental deluxe breakfast? Perhaps next time we can accommodate your breakfast requests and let our chefs know in advance.

And as for our parking, yes we do charge a $7 fee (not $9) to upkeep the parking lot as well as ensure our guests a guaranteed parking spot now that the SMART train is next door.

Also, we’re aware that it’s time for our hotel to refresh and update, and we are in the process of a future remodel.

If you do have any more issues to address, please let us know! Your feedback helps us better and improve our staff and hotel so that we can learn to not make these mistakes again. Thank you and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

First time when came in July, I was impressed by the hotel and its amenities. Lobby is very inviting and the style of the hotel was really impressive (like theater style with 5 floors). However, the restaurant onsite was not any good: they burned my crab cakes and when I pointed it out they told me that they will not charge me for coffee? However I keep coming back because of my HHonors membership and hotel location and during my third recent stay I got a very opposite impression about the hotel. First, they refused to give us a room at the fifth floor (HHonor member floor) though I am a member, then finally gave us a room just near the two elevators. They were keep telling us that they are completely full (but I got an impression that they were less full than in my first visit). In addition, the free breakfast they are so proud off was just awful. There were so many people (it is free) that you could not find any clean tables available and need to pick up a food and eat in almost a 100 people crowd if not more. I will never go their during Saturday-Sunday and any holidays again.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. All your comments are essential to educating our staff about good and bad service. We will ensure your feedback will be given to all of management and make corrective actions so this will not happen again to you or future guests. We do hope you can give us another chance and if you would like to discuss your issues personally, you can email our Director of Rooms, Michael Mahoney at Michael.Mahoney2@Hilton.com.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Pleasant stays from check-in to check-out with complimentary internet, breakfast, manager's receptions and smiles. Comfortable bed, big TVs, refrigerator and microwave add that finish touch which makes you want to stay in the hotel longer.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S6462VValexanderk
IzzyNavarrete, Sales and Catering Coordinator at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

We thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your stay here and appreciated your compliments about the hotel and it's staff. Hope to see you back soon in the heart of Marin County!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We have stayed at a lot of Embassy Suites, and this is one of the better ones. It's not as massive as some of the others, which helps. Room was like all the other Embassy Suites - clean, comfortable, etc. My only complaint is the mattress in the couch was awful, but they are giving me a free night in a future stay. The woman at the counter (blonde woman, didn't get her name) spent a long time describing all my plans and options for a visit to the city. She was really helpful, and really knows her stuff. The happy hour is the BEST I've seen at any Embassy Suites. No huge line for alcohol, and great beverages. The continental breakfast was also very impressive. The staff was great throughout, and the place is clean and a nice environment. It's about a half hour north of San Francisco, so there is a bit of a drive if you are venturing into the city.

1  Thank Kevin T

Thank you so much for your delightful feedback! I am thrilled to read you had a fabulous stay with us and that our colleagues could take great care of you. Here at the Embassy Suites by Hilton San Rafael we always strive to take an extra step to make out of each stay a truly memorable and wow experience. Your words are inspiring and this kind of feedback is the greatest reward for our talents for the efforts they make on a daily basis.