See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Paid 152 bucks for a crappy room. Area seems shady. Parking is very tight. Even with the lights off you can see the outside lights coming into the room making it impossible to sleep. Just like the other reviews said there is no hot water. Also the bed was so uncomfortable. Also it would be nice to have coffee in the room and not have to go grab it. How about some other amenities like shampoo, conditioner, etc..For the same amount of money I could of stayed somewhere else. You guys might wanna think about fixing your issues. Probably one of the worst Motel 6's I ever stayed in.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SteveR2971
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 San Rafael, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Steve, We are sorry that you were unsatisfied with the expected amenities; however, Motel 6 standards for quality are rooted in economical practicalities to consistently deliver on our goal to provide the lowest price of any national chain. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

I saw a police nocked the door which is near my room. They have no toothbrush,toothpaste and hairdryer. The location also can’t make people feel safe. But the price is really the lowest one in San Rafael.

Date of stay: November 2017
1  Thank Getaway730707
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. First problem was that my credit card had been declined a year ago when I made the reservation but no-one had told me. Booking.com were emailing me the day before to remind me of the reservation!

Thankfully they a room and the guy let me have it at the original booked rate as he could see the booking.

The room was clean but as is the case with so many budget hotels the place needs a freshen up. It is close to 101 and the Larkspur Ferry is only a 10 minute drive.

The bright flood lights outside the room meant that it was as light in the room by night as it was by day. Guys congregated outside and told their stories with much heart laughter and many joints. One guy smoked a joint outside our room every 90 minutes throughout the night and our room stank of it. It gave me a headache and made me feel sick!

I won't be staying there again. Five years ago we stayed there twice with none of these problems. I think Motel 6 are losing it in San Rafael. Don't go there if you need to sleep.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 San Rafael, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Rev Duncan, Thank you for sharing your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise and odor concerns you describe. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

An old high school buddy and i spent 2 nights at the Motel 6 on E Francisco Blvd. The room was basic, with 2 double beds, but had a microwave oven and a small refrigerator and was very clean and centrally located. Plus the price was very fair compared to other Marin County motels We used this as our base as we explored our old haunts in Marin. This hotel has been there as long as I can remember (late 50s-early 60s under a different name). They even cleaned up our room and made up our beds with clean sheets for the 2nd night!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Rob, We appreciate you recognizing our excellent service, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. If you haven't already done so, please call our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to share your experience. We hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Needed a room last minute. This was the cheapest option ($175) near-ish SF. All other options I came across started at $300 since we were booking so last minute (same day.)

Area is ok. San Rafael is a great town, this is in the one questionable area. Grounds are basic, very well lit at night. Room was rough. Flooring was buckling, bedding was stained and looked used, blinds were broken, no remote for tv, numerous wall/door patches unprofessionally done, tiny shower.

Had an odd experience at check-in where the clerk said he just gave our room to the wrong person. He ran out the front door, was gone for about 15 minutes, and returned with our key he gave to another couple.

It was the better option than trying to go home that evening, but I will be sure to plan better next time so to avoid another stay here or any place like it.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe.

We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.