“Great coffee but long waiting time. Nice atmosphere ”
Review of Phliz Coffee

Phliz Coffee
Ranked #4 of 15 Coffee & Tea in San Mateo
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

Visited for the first time, coffee is great and they do know how to brew it and serve it properly. Nice blends as well, definitely worth visiting but better not when you are in a hurry

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed 31 October 2016

I'm a simple coffee drinker, so at first I wasn't sure how to order, but the people there are so nice, they can walk you through all the options, and they offer a lot of milk and sweetener options. I usually get the ecstatic iced coffee, but you can get any of the coffees iced, so don't be scared to try the whole menu, as they are also happy to customize how sweet you want it.

If you go between 8:30 and 10, just be ready for a wait - I recommend order ahead if you don't want to wait. They are great hat having your order ready so you just grab and go.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 13 October 2016

It was the best coffee I have ever had, hands down. Friendly staff and great service aside. Just the best coffee. I'm not a connoisseur per se but I enjoy my coffee and no matter where I go, I pretty much always have a cup of local coffee. From the blue mountain stuff to the Indonesian specialty coffees etc. This coffee jumped out of them.. it was YUM... at first sip.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 7 October 2016

The line was literally out the door. There's a reason for this. The coffee at Philz is about the best you will have. They make it one cup at a time, all filtered, and there is a huge selection of coffees from all over the world and also tea. They have all sorts of roasts, from dark to light, and different ways of having your coffee, some with mint leaves infused. There's a reason why there is a always a long line.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 25 July 2016

I don't know why there is such a hype about Philz Coffee. It takes for ever to get a coffee and the way they make it provides you with a barely warm cup of coffee. There is nothing special about the taste and I would rather go to Pete's or Starbucks any day.

Date of visit: August 2015