“Decent food at a decent price”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
New Kwok Wah Restaurant
Ranked #235 of 449 Restaurants in San Mateo
Reviewed 24 May 2016

New Kwok Wah restaurant changed ownership about a year & a half ago & they remodeled the interior, which made it seem less cluttered & neater.

The food is good, a solid B+ on almost all of their dishes.

Service is generally very nice, although sometimes the owner has trouble understanding if you want to ask for changes to the menu. However, she means well & tries her best, which you should remember, if she asks you three times about your order. She just wants to make sure she gets you what you want.

The prices are very reasonable, as well.

All things considered, a solid B+ overall.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 19 May 2016

I've been eating here for as long as I can remember (about 35 Years) and this has always been my go to place to eat Chinese with my family. I start every meal with Sizzling Rice Soup and an order of their HUGE Pot Stickers. They are the best value for Chinese Food south of San Francisco. The staff is super friendly, knows us, what we like and are SUPER outgoing every time we visit. Love these guys.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 11 November 2015

I can't say that the food is exceptional. It's average. But the menu is extensive, portions a good size, and prices very reasonable. Service is very good.

Date of visit: November 2015