“Fun atmosphere with gourmet Italian food.”
Review of Acquapazza Ristorante - CLOSED

Acquapazza Ristorante
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ellsworth
Reviewed 18 June 2012 via mobile

This place ROCKS! The food is fantastic, waiters personable and attentive, and if you're lucky you just might get serenaded by the owner. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 24 May 2012

We can't seem to stay away from here! The food is consistantly wonderful. Love the anti-pasta and all the dishes I have tried have been yummy. My husband speaks Italian so it makes it even more fun for him to talk to the waiters, which are a also very friendly. We always take visitor there for a great dining experience!

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Nice little neighborhood gem in the downtown area of San Mateo. Met some girlfriends there on a Tuesday night. It wasn't too full that night and the wait staff was great. They have some unique drinks (mojito with fresh strawberries and basil?) I ordered it without the basil as i wanted the more traditional version and they brought in a Mason jar with the lid on. They told me to shake it up when i was ready to drink it, which of course that was almost the moment they brought it as it looked so good. And let me say it was good!!!

We all had different specials of the evening which were so delicious. I had the swordfish which was grilled perfectly and came with a little dab of mashed potatoes and beans and my friends had the pasta special which had a meat sauce that they thought was just wonderful. Prices were not too crazy for what you got and the quality was worth it.

Must try the Tiramisu for dessert! One of the best I have ever tasted (and I have had many versions of this!!!)

Will go back to this place very soon again!

Reviewed 2 April 2012

My husband and I had dinner here with our son and daughter-in-law, who had dined here the week before and loved it. I can personally recommend the spinach salad and tortino,an unusual vegetarian presentation starring artichokes and hazelnuts, which was very tastey. We were a bit of a nuisance, asking for a table in a different place because we wanted to be upstairs, and then needing still another arrangement because our granddaughter couldn't make it, shrinking our party. The staff did not appear in the least ruffled. It was one of the nicest Italian dinners I have had!

Reviewed 22 February 2012

As the name Acqua Pazza (water crazy) tells, they are Italian seafood restaurant where some niche dishes are being served. Weekends may need reservations but worth a try if you are a fish dish lover like me. Buon appetito!

1  Thank koba-sf