“Niche Italian cuisine”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ellsworth
Reviewed 22 February 2012

As the name Acqua Pazza (water crazy) tells, they are Italian seafood restaurant where some niche dishes are being served. Weekends may need reservations but worth a try if you are a fish dish lover like me. Buon appetito!

1  Thank koba-sf

Reviewed 8 February 2012

A very good restaurant, the appetizers were fantastic and in some ways a highlight of the meal. The waiter we had was very helpful and friendly without being overbearing. I had the lamb special and one of the best lamb dishes I ever had.

When back in San Mateo, I'll definitely be going here again for dinner.

1  Thank Ron H
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Although we had walked by this restaurant many times this is the first time we ate at this restaurant and we were quite delighted with the good serivce and quality of the food. Even without a reservation on a Sat. night we were promptly seated by a very friendly hostess when the restaurant was almost completely full. Service was very attentive. We ordered Margherita pizza as our first dish and my egg pasta chicken was very delicious. My husband's seafood pasta was equally good as well. All dishes arrived steaming hot. The waiter also recommended a bottle of very good Italian wine that went well with our pasta. Atmosphere was very nice and we definitely will return in the future. Get a table by the front window for people watching. There's lot of foot traffic on 3rd St. especially on a Sat. night.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

So you want the appetizer platter...and then you want another...but then you'll have no room for the entree...but then you'll want to taste everyone else's...but then you'll have no room for dessert...but then... Ah well, you get my meaning. I cannot recommend any one menu item because you cannot go wrong. Just remember to bring money! And get a reservation from Thursday through Sunday.

1  Thank SHADDACalifornia
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 12 July 2010

very italian.. good food. pretty fast too. gave us free tiramisu at the end of our meal. good winelist.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook