“Fresh handmade tortillas!”

Taco Bar
Ranked #41 of 242 Restaurants in San Marcos
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

Their food is delicious especially the tacos because they're made with fresh handmade tortillas right in front of you! Taco Tuesday prices are $1.25 instead of $1.85 :-)
Yummy! Their Yaki tacos and Azteca bowls are made with Cactus/Nopales and they are so delicious!!

There are newer reviews for Taco Bar

Reviewed 29 April 2015

I finally had a chance to try out Taco Bar and I was quite disappointed. I was prepared for this being pricier than your average Mom & Pop taco shop (and it is!), but I thought I would get a better dining experience in return. I did not. I ordered two street tacos, carne asada and chicken, and they were awful. Both types of meat were tough and dry, piled high on a single, small tortilla. Many places will double the tortilla so you can spread out the meat if you wish, but not Taco Bar. This gave me a chance to the sample the excess meat by itself and marvel at how bland and overcooked it was. Other family members ordered burritos and they were happier with their fare, hence the 3 stars instead of 2. The flour tortillas were very fresh and the other ingredients in the burritos helped to compensate for the dry, tough meat. All things considered, I'd be hesitant to return.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

This is better than any drive through. They have fire roasted carnitas on a spit. You can order your taco ingredients, then wait for the freshly cooked carne asada or.... self serve and not enough tables at lunch. Better than other food offered in the center.

Reviewed 21 April 2015

The Taco Bar serves great food, particularly if you like fresh grilled meats. The kitchen is designed exhibition style, so you can see the food being cooked to order as you wait. The salsa bar is also something not to miss.

Reviewed 4 October 2014 via mobile

I've been to the taco bar several times in the past. The food is pretty good. My wife likes it. However there are just very slow. I am doing this review as I'm waiting here for 35 minutes for tacos. No one should have to wait over a half hour for tacos