“Love cilantro ”
Review of El Pollo Loco

El Pollo Loco
Ranked #143 of 242 Restaurants in San Marcos
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

I don't know if this is part of a secret menu but I really like the street tacos here. They taste authentic with a double corn shell. They are topped with a slaw. I get the advacado sauce which is a bit spicy but has yummy cilantro in it. My husband got the crunchy taco but I liked mine more. I've never had anything else from here. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars because of the price for the size. They are really small tacos but yummy. There are other menu items I'm gonna have to try.

1  Thank Majestic_sarai

Reviewed 13 September 2016

If you like chicken this is the spot - price is low - seating is strictly fast food but comfortable - The help is not the greatest - If you don't speak spanish, try annother spot

Reviewed 17 April 2016

Unfortunately, there is a serious decline in quality, and upkeep of this restaurant. My husband asked if we should to the Encinitas store or San Marcos. I chose San Marcos. Never again. No one was ahead of us or behind us in the drive thru which is usually a bad sign that this is not the place to go. We knew ahead of time what we were going to order. We arrived at the speaker to place our order. The communication system was broken as it caused the order taker's voice to be extremely loud and distorted her voice. We asked once we placed our order what was wrong. She replied that management wouldn't fix it. They keep stalling.

Once we arrived home with our chicken meal, it was very dry and over cooked. Horrible not palatable.

Next time we'll go where husband suggests...Encinitas El Pollo Loco. We usually enjoy an occasional family meal from El Pollo.

Reviewed 4 November 2015

Atmosphere is relax, can dine inside or outside, The staff is friendly and patient. Love the mexican drink Horcatas (my apology if I'm spelling it wrong).

Reviewed 19 May 2015

This is the place to go for good reasonably priced Mexican food. This is one of our favorite places to eat. My wife loves the Polo Bowl and i love the Chicken Nachos. The BRC with white meat is down right dirt cheap and taste great. Stop in and try it you'll like it.