“Really good pizza with a local feel”

Village Host Pizza & Grill
Ranked #129 of 320 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Village Host has several restaurants in the Santa Cruz area and one in Paso Robles. This is their SLO store. The service is always friendly and their pizza is very good. The crust is very crisp on the bottom, but chewy on top, not too thick or thin. They have several unique combinations, like the Chick in a Green Dress. Different and all very good. I've been coming here since they opened many years ago and it still remains one of my favorite local spots. It almost always busy, not not crowded. The staff is well trained and the experience is very consistent. They have a several nice lunch specials as well.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

We had never been to SLO before and we were simply killing time before our flight out. We just happened to find the Village Host Pizza so we stopped in. The staff greeted us as we entered and made us feel like locals. GREAT JOB!! (It was Saturday April 29th at 1pm).
They have a great pizza menu along with other items but we wanted pizza and it was delicious!! Great job!

Reviewed 14 November 2016

We went there looking for a place to watch football on Sunday and a place where the kids could play some games....We found it. The food was decent, nothing to write home about, they have a nice well stocked salad bar. We also ordered a pizza which was decent. All and all, everyone went home happy, I got my football and a beer, the kids got their games.

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

This was the third time I've come to visit family in the SLO area and coming in late they would just run out and get a Village host pizza. Each and everything the pizza has been consistently good. They use some sort of corn meal in with the dough which gives it a different but good taste. I tried the everything, a Hawaiian, pepperoni and a straight cheese and all were equally good. The crust on the everything was just as well cooked as just the plain cheese. That is a sign that they know what they are doing. One of these days I'll make it inside but until then the take out will work! If you haven't, give them a try.

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

This place has just okay pizza, the sauce is a tad on the bland side. The crust is nice and crispy though. I ordered online to-go, and my order was ready in about 20-30 minutes. The green salad was good, they have nice fresh ingredients.