“Wake up and smell the Ripoff - Odors & Stains”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Yucca Valley, California
“Wake up and smell the Ripoff - Odors & Stains”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

5/12/11 - I never checked in and didn't stay 5 minutes but manager Jay still charged me 50% of my 3 day booking. When I walked into the lobby there was an offensive odor that smelled like ur ine. Upon inspection of the room I saw yellow stains running down bathroom wall near toilet, no paint on moldy window sill and in shower and bedspread was extremely faded with a large yellow stain. Jay's explanation of odor was that it was from the continental breakfast, though it was 3:30PM, and it was always present such as in the billboard that advertises to... "wake up and smell the coffee".

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank FatDad29

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

Pulled in after a long days driving from San Francisco, just looking for a reasonably priced motel to get a good nights sleep. The rate including tax came to $57 and you really get what you pay for! Dirty room, safety lock on door busted off, dirty sheets, lumpy bed, terrible TV reception and painfully bad breakfast. I feared for my safety while staying here and as a result did not sleep well - wish i had kept on driving!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank angiebeno
Abvi805, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 January 2011
Thank you for your comments we appreciate your feedback. Your feedback gives us an opportunity to evaluate our facilities and make changes where necessary. Our goal is to provide the best possible accomodations at the most reasonable rates.

Travellers are raving about these San Luis Obispo hotels

Corona, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

My company placed us in this pit while doing some work there. The first night I arrived I pulled back the sheets to find stains and small black hairs on the sheets and pillows. There was molding coffee grounds in the coffee maker, food left in the refrigerator and mold in shower. The best part of the stay was after going to a doctor due to a horrible rash that turned out to be BED BUG bites. We immediately checked out. The staff of course denied that they could have bed bugs but were kind enough to offer a different room. I don't think there is anyone I hate enough to recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank aquagrl914
Thank you for feedback we appreciate your taking the time to give us your comments. We apologize for the conditions that you found when you checked into our property. We continue to train our staff to recognize these problems and to correct them so these conditions are not repeated in the future.
San Luis Obispo, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

I was looking forward to a good night sleep after traveling for 19 hours. Once I entered the room it did not have a fresh smell. I was tired so I overlooked it. I could hardly sleep. I felt something crawling on my arm and when I turned on the light there were ants crawling all over the bed. I got out of there as soon as I could.

A
NJ

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank angie037
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We apologize for the conditions that you encountered while staying at our Inn. We have addressed the issues which you have pointed out and continue to train our staff to recognize the problems you have described.
Laguna Hills, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2010

I stayed in this hotel for about 3 months. The manager was very nice and friendly. The cleanliness well maintain. The service was good. Overall, I have a good time staying in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank JS-ML
Thank you for taking time to give us comments we appreciate your feedback. We work to provide the best possible lodging experience at the most reasonable rates. We appreciate your business.