“Twice in two days!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Twice in two days!”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Terrific restaurant. I ate dinner there both nights in San Luis Obispo.

After an exhausting day at work, I walked into the bar and almost left. It was packed and noisy. However, everyone looked happy and civilized, so I headed to the dining room, where they quickly let me choose a table on the mezzanine. Tucked into a quiet corner, I had a superb meal.

The next night when I returned, everyone remembered me, The lovely gal who took my order remembered my drink, and remembered what I had ordered the night before. Impressive professionalism.

The bread pudding is the best ever, and I am an expert on that confection.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank sistahsays

New Durham, New Hampshire
“Excellent friendly service, inspiring menu, delicious food, fun atmosphere”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Go here- great food, service and menu. Attentive friendly service and lively yet relaxing atmosphere. Enjoyed great wine and food. Will go again.

1 Thank Angela B
Longboat Key Fl
“Always reliable. Not a great atmosphere and crowded but good food well served and presented”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Broad menu and everything is well cooked. Service is always good.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Ronald P
voxboston
“Solid food, well crafted drinks”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

comfortable place to get a drink / food in slo when you want a higher-end hang. Very meat-heavy menu in the classic 'this is gourmet food - meat for everyone!!' but they offer some green-ish choices like buffalo. Also, and entire 'secret' vegetarian menu - just ask

1 Thank voxboston
San Luis Obispo, California
“San Luis Obispo's finest”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Try as they might, no restaurant in San Luis Obispo has what it takes to match the experience of a dinner at Blue, as those of us who live here refer to it. From the ambiance to the service to the food - it never disappoints. My husband and I enjoyed another fabulous dinner which included a glass of local wine from their extensive and reasonably priced 'by the glass" listing, split a simply perfect butter lettuce salad, and after enjoying our perfectly cooked entree, split a dessert that I will long remember.... The White Chocolate Bread Pudding with Drunken Cherries. Not normally a bread pudding fan, this unexpected dish was suggested by our server and she was oh so right! Both my husband and I, both confirmed foodies, had never had anything so delicious.

If you have the opportunity to enjoy a full dinner at Blue, do not hesitate. If on a budget, you cannot go wrong with a simple glass of wine and an appetizer - or maybe consider taking in a movie at our local independent theater, the Palm and then walking a few blocks to Blue and have a dessert and coffee drink. Either way, you will be in for a real treat.

• Visited January 2012