“Wonderful and unusual Japanese Sushi”
Review of Goshi

Goshi
Reserve with OpenTable
Goshi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 308 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

We had a terrific meal at Goshi. Our server helped make the experience really great. She enthusiastically recommended several unusual items we hadn't tried before. The food was a bit slow to come out, the restaurant was very busy, it was a Saturday night. It was good we had reservations! The Tuna Belly was especially good and Tataki yellowtail. Of course the food was beautifully presented as well. I recommended this hidden gem in San Luis Obispo.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

A lot of people are talking about the great fish and I completely agree with all of them, yet there is something about the rice they utilize that makes this place DELICIOUS!

I attended with a group of friends and the pricing is good, and the tempura was served perfectly. I cant wait to come back and try the dessert, as we didn't get a chance to this time.

Please be sure to make reservations!

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

I eat at Goshis about every other week. Friendly staff and great food. They have nice outside dining right next to the creek. Great for lunch.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

I was reluctant to rate this place, which is one of our favorite go-to sushi places, as the extra publicity would only encourage a bigger crowd.
Expect to wait 20-45 minutes if you're there close to dinner hours. Congenial sushi chefs at the rustic bar, lots of locals, exceptionally fresh food and care in preparation and presentation, make this our favorite restaurant.

Reviewed 7 February 2016

This is one of the best Japanese restaurants I've eaten at in the state of California. I grew up in LA and now live in the Bay Area and am Japanese-American, so that's saying a lot. The menu has both familiar and unique items. I ordered the most amazing seafood nabe (hot pot). First of all, it was huge -- it could have easily fed three people. Second, it was packed with the freshest seafood and vegetables, including shrimp, salmon, a white fish, clams, chicken, kamaboko, ginko nuts, napa cabbage, shiitake mushrooms, and glassy noodles. The broth was light and savory. My mom had a beef bowl which she said was good but I know it wasn't as delicious as my yosenabe.

I heard this place was popular so we showed up at 5:00pm on a Friday night, and everyone else who showed up at the same time were locals. This is definitely a locals' place. It's very casual and the service, while extremely friendly, isn't the most professional. But who cares when the food is this good? And did I mention it's cheap? In LA you'd pay 25% more for the same quality in SF you'd have to pay 50% more.

It's kind of hard to find, located in alley in the back of a strip mall on the outer fringes of the main business area. But keep on looking because it's worth it.

Next time I'm passing through SLO, I'll come back and next time order the sushi.