All reviews exposed brick rooms are small downtown slo upstairs patio steam shower narrow alley glass of wine beautiful hotel lounge area gas fire farmers market central coast shopping and restaurants wine country upon check spent one night staff was very friendly and helpful
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Overall, we really enjoyed the Granada. We had a couple of issues with our room....woke up the next morning to find the vanity invaded by ants and the air conditioning system worked intermittently causing the room to get hot. Have never had an issue with the hotel in previous stays which makes me think it was a one time unfortunate experience.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JackW2024, Front Office Manager at Granada Hotel and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

JmGoyenetche,

We really appreciate your feedback and understanding. I can not thank you enough for your patience with this visit. I can agree that these are unfortunate circumstances. If we may have you back again in the future, it would be my pleasure to make your stay exceptional.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Great location. Rooms are not large, but very comfortable and nicely appointed. However, the front desk was lacking. Offered breakfast menu but neglected to mention no food service would be served that weekend. And no staff was available upon check out.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JackW2024, Front Office Manager at Granada Hotel and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Safari397866,

Thank you for your valued feedback. We regret to hear of the miscommunication in your breakfast experience. We offer a wonderful brunch service on the weekends in our Bistro, this menu is also available as room service for our hotel guests. Please feel free to contact me directly for any future reservation needs, I would be happy to make it a seamless experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2018

On the face of it, this hotel looked right up our street - small, boutique, lovely decoration....just a little bit different. The decor is absolutely lovely, really quirky and darkly stylish. We stayed one night, and ate there at the restaurant, out on the terrace at the front of the hotel at street level - lovely location and food. The problem was the room! We had a room on the first floor at the back of the hotel - overlooking the rear car park. The room was beautifully decorated, but absolutely tiny. Ensuite facilities meant a shower IN the bedroom! We were on a road trip so we were travelling really lightly, but we struggled to accommodate our luggage in the room. The problem started when we went to bed - everything in the room vibrated - a LOT! We tried calling reception, but no one answered. We went out to investigate, to find that the air con system for the hotel was actually on top of our bedroom roof -hence the vibration. We went downstairs to find the night manager. We were told they couldn't turn the air con off, and offered us the only other available room in the hotel over the corridor from our original room, which was TINY, and I mean tiny. My husband ended up sleeping (or trying to) in the original room, whilst I took the other small room. We saw the manageress in the morning, who refunded us for our accommodation for the night - rightly so. This hotel is in an old building, never meant to be used as a hotel, and although the building is part of the charm of this hotel, it clearly comes with inherent problems of trying to accommodate all the 'mod cons' such as air conditioning into the fabric of a building never intended for this use. The hotel was lovely, but I would recommend you check the location of your room/noise levels prior to booking. San Louis Obispo is an absolutely lovely town, well worth a visit.

Room tip: Ask for a QUIET room away fro air conditioning equipment.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank WBuckingham
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

This is a nice property in the heart of the downtown area, within walking distance of lots of great restaurants. The rooms are well equipped and nicely designed. The mattress was a bit hard and somewhat uncomfortable. Otherwise this Hotel would deserve five stars.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Jack W, Front Office Manager at Granada Hotel and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Mike,

Thank you for your response, we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. As far as the bedding preferences, It would be my pleasure to provide a few different options if we may have you back again. Please feel free to contact me directly for future reservations. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Great patio
We went to the farmers market last night and oh my goodness it was so much fun. I’ve never been to a evenings farmers market. There was so many tents up people are selling different things and so many vendors to choose from for some amazing fruit and vegetables. They also had plenty of places to choose from to have a different assortment of food we ended up having oysters, and chose a place they had a big smoker and a barbecue pit, they put out some incredible food, my baby backs were to die for.

The friends decided to take us to this quaint little hotel to have the last evening cocktail. The bartender (Mark) was so fun, so informative and my husband and our friend said that they made the absolute best old fashion that they’ve ever had! The patio had a fire pit, so fun. I would like to someday go back there for dinner and to maybe even stay the night because if you are a guest staying there they have a upstairs outdoor patio that are only for hotel guest.

I WOULD go back and I would love to go back to stay there.

Trip type: Travelled with family

CindyLou,

Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words. Your response will also be shared with our bartender, Mark. He will be so glad to know you enjoyed your time here and that fantastic Old Fashioned! We look forward to welcoming you again next time...