“A step in time”
Review of Fremont Theater

Fremont Theater
More attraction details
Owner description: Classic art deco and neon movie theater.
Reviewed 22 June 2015 via mobile

This charming historical theater is a throw back to the 1940s.

I have been visiting Morro Bay and the surrounding areas for most of my life, yet admittedly, I had never been to this theater.

I took my niece and my girls to go see a newly released movie here. As you walk up to the theater you see the historical structure and texture of it. (Pictures attached). The staff is so friendly and informative about the history of the theater. So worth stepping in and asking for yourself.

Upon entering the actual theater I was awe struck at how many seats were actually inside. It's just truly enormous.

The seating was comfortable. The seats sit high, so if you have small children, be sure to ask for a booster seat for them. Which I did and it worked perfectly.

They have a small variety of items in the snack bar to choose from. Soft drinks. Water and of course popcorn. I recommend the large tub at $7 for the free refill. Especially if the are 3 or more in your group. Worth it!

A must place to see. ..

in 3 reviews
"admission"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 6 January 2015

See what theaters were like back in the 1950's and 1960's.
We've lived here a long time and always loved the Fremont.

1  Thank RadEng80
Reviewed 3 December 2014

This is a big retro movie theatre that also hosts live concerts. We saw Ziggy Marley here, 8th row center. It was super cool! It reminded me of the old movie theaters we watched movies in years and years ago, like "The Alien" back in the early 80's! This theatre is in the heart of the downtown area so there's lot to see, shop and eat in the immediate area before and after. For a fraction of the price to see a good concert I highly recommend this venue!

2  Thank ReJoyceJoyce
Reviewed 28 November 2014

This is a big old theater that has mimosas on Sunday while u watch a movie! Soo cool!!! This is huge -not iMax- but huge screen

1  Thank gedayloo1234