“Fast, good pizza for a reasonable price”
Review of Blaze Pizza

Blaze Pizza
Ranked #219 of 309 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Blaze pizza is a nice addition to this side of town. Pies are priced at less than $9, are made quickly and have fresh toppings. I order mine well done for a crispy crust.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We have eaten at several Blaze Pizza restaurants in different locations, so while traveling to the San LUIS Obispo area, we decided to try this location for dinner. After ordering the first of our two "build-your-own" pizzas, I was surprised that the "baker" person would go ahead and put mine in the oven before my husband's order had been completed since our order was together (2 of 2) so it was evident we were planning to eat together. Then, as the same person was ringing up the total, my husband made a point to ask this person to PLEASE make sure that the first pizza not be baked too long since we didn't want it to get burned on the bottom. She wasn't impolite or anything, but it was clear that she felt my husband was over-reacting and she replied that it would be fine. He reiterated that we just really didn't want it to be burned. Her reply was "I'll do my best." Well, you can guess what's coming... She burned BOTH pizzas. By this time, the restaurant was full of people and we had to wait behind people in order to have them make new pizzas. Then, when they were finished and the bottom of both pizzas were a nice golden brown, they tried to tell us they weren't done enough! Duh.. I guess they consider blackened bottoms to be the epitome of the perfect pizza, even though they admitted the first pizzas were burned. We sat out on their patio, which would have been lovely, except for the flies.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

This is more of a take out than seat And eat. The location is small and is popular among locals. It's very tight.

Reviewed 29 November 2016

I eat out for lunch everyday except Sunday. Pizza was not a common thing that I would choose for lunch until I walked into this place. They can 'Blaze' a pizza.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

My first time at Blaze Pizza. Whoever came up with the concept, got it right. I think they sort of pre-cook the dough, then pass it to someone who sauces it and tops it. Then it's off to a very, very hot oven, which cooks the pizza in a matter of a few minutes. I ordered a thin crust pepperoni pizza with extra sauce and well done. That is just what I got. At first, after seeing the long line, I thought, "This is going to take forever." Well, I was wrong. The line moved quite fast and the pizza was very good.