“Pet friendly. Good location. Very average hotel.”

Best Western Capistrano Inn
Reviewed 26 October 2011

The location of this place is great. It's easy to find, right off the freeway. It's about a mile away from the San Juan Capistrano Mission and the Los Rios district (the oldest neighborhood in California). It's very close restaurants and a small park/equestrian center. The hotel is also dog friendly (without an additional fee)!

Everything else is average. The rooms are basic, plain and clean. The connecting rooms worked out well for our group of friends. Checking in and out was easy, but we didn't interact with the staff in between.

It was $108 total for a Saturday night in October.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank imanahan
There are newer reviews for Best Western Capistrano Inn

Reviewed 25 September 2011

My wife and I stayed here to attend a concert at the Coachhouse. The toilet barely flushed and the shower tub drain would back up after a short shower. The balcony sliding glass door curtain was tattered as was the shower curtain. $130.00 for these poor conditions was excessive! I would describe the place as a glorified Motel 6!

1  Thank gant k
Robert G, General Manager at Best Western Capistrano Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to our establishment. We are under new management as of November 2011. We appreciate hearing your thoughts and your suggestions. With respect to any inconvenience you may have encountered our sincere apologizes. This will assist us when evaluating our guest’s needs and expectations. I hope you will come back and give us another chance to provide you with outstanding service in the future.

949-493-5661 Ext.450

Reviewed 15 September 2011

I recently stayed here for a friends wedding. Normally check in at most hotels is at 3pm, but they let me in at Noon. That was nice.

The room was clean and had basic amenities. It was near the freeway which is convenient, but I didn't hear any road noise. It was quiet. Overall a decent place to stay if you're trying to save a buck.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank garek007
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I stayed while attending a family wedding. some of the rooms were quite nice. Not the one I had - it was shabby, needed a good cleaning and updating

Room Tip: we asked for connecting rooms but they gave us a key to a room that was occupied (and we saw more th...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Best Western Capistrano Inn. I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and consideration we strive for with all our guests – the type of service in which we pride ourselves. Please know that your comments have been reviewed in detail and steps are being taken to ensure these types of issues are handled on a preventive basis. We are currently under new management as of November 2011. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us the next time you are in town. I can assure we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

949-493-5661 Ext.450

Reviewed 8 September 2011

There's nothing extraordinary about the BW-SJC. The rooms are passable, a tad dark, with the plus of having small balconies on the rooms as well. However, be advised that the hotel is near the highway, so the road noise may want you to keep your balcony door closed at night.

The grounds are nondescript--a pool and hot tub dominate the central area, surrounded by parking spaces--of which there were too few the Labor Day weekend we spent there. In front there is an empty lot, the remants, perhaps, of a building in front of it which no longer stands. Hardly scenic.

The rooms are generally quiet and dark. Even with the a/c running, we had no problems sleeping.

The staff was, at best, cordial but also inconsistent. Told that they were open 24 hours, we stopped by one night around 9PM to ask about taking the train (which runs nearby) for the next day's activities. The lobby was closed and locked, with a "no vacancy" sign posted on the door. I tried ringing the doorbell, but no one answered. I called the front desk before the morning I was checking out-, as I had an early morning flight the next day and would be wanting my receipt around 4AM. Again, I was told the office was staffed 24 hours. When I pointed out that earlier experience, the person said, "well, we *usually* are open 24 hours." Ahem. That morning, the lobby again was locked, but someone was sleeping (!) on the couch near the front desk. When I awoke him, he said to just leave the key in the room. I informed him I had not yet received a receipt and he obliged by unlocking the door and printing my receipt--which was wrong. Ugh!

A few other things...it was disturbing to see an occasional ant crawling across the room. Additionally, they do not serve a continental breakfast, so if you were assuming that to be the case, be forewarned. They do, however, offer a complimentary shuttle service (which, again, allegedly runs 24 hours) to nearby locations within SJC.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room so your balcony is above the grounds, not right on it.
1  Thank MongoSchwartz
Robert G, General Manager at Best Western Capistrano Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2011

949-493-5661

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Juan Capistrano
5.0 km away
Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel
4.8 km away
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point
3.7 km away
Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano
Residence Inn Dana Point San Jua...
#2 of 3 in San Juan Capistrano
200.1 km away
The Beachfront Inn & Suites at Dana Point
8.1 km away
Best Western Plus Casablanca Inn

Been to Best Western Capistrano Inn? Share your experiences!