“Great service and fantastic grilled cheese sandwich plus tomato soup”
Review of Boudin SF Bakery

Boudin SF Bakery
Ranked #12 of 55 Bakeries in San Jose
Reviewed 2 March 2017

You walk up to the counter and order and then find a seat. The food is brought to you when it is ready. I called in my order in advance and picked it up to take home. In spite of the 15 min trip home, the grilled cheese sandwich and soup were still excellent.

The server who helped me at the counter was very friendly. I ended up buying a loaf of bread I hadn't intended to buy because there were free samples at the counter and it was soo good I had to buy an entire loaf.

This is a great place to go for some quick, simple comfort food.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

This has been one of many visits to Boudin in Almaden. At this and our last visit, the service and accuracy of the orders we place have gone down hill as well as the value for the price. It took an excessively long time to order as the counter person typed the order in wrong with a $10 difference (higher) and had to redo everything, then the order was not correct when it came out. To top it off, my husband ordered an additional cup of chili to go with his order and when it was served, it was literally a small cup not quite half full (for almost $4, that seemed like a very excessive charge). My turkey sandwich had two very small half pieces of meat that didn't even cover half of the bread it was served on. My parents order was correct but they were supposed to get a free loaf of bread with their rewards program and the person told them they were not eligible and charged the $6, although on the bottom of their meal receipt it stated that they had a free loaf of bread on their reward card-they did go back and get a refund. We were on our lunch breaks and all this mixing up of orders wasted the whole hour we had. We had always been very happy coming here but the last two visits were a disappointment. No one came by at all to check and see how our meal was either this time.

Reviewed 20 August 2016

My husband & went here because of the advertisement on their new sandwich/salad items. I had the new pork sandwich and he had the pork salad. The sourdough rolls were outstanding, as expected; but the quantity of meat in either item was very little and disappointing. I wish I had ordered something else with more substantial flavor. The redeeming quality was that we picked up our free loaf of bread that we get by belonging to their club. We have been here before, ordered differently, and were much happier with our meal. Additionally I had to ask numerous times for a glass of water and my loaf of bread. Their sliced sourdough bread is magnificent.

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

The food and service is consistently right on. The clam chowder is delicious. Children can order their sandwich on one of their character breads. Great place to buy/order sourdough bread for out of towners. Went on a Friday night and they had plenty of seating.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

So thankful we noticed San Jose had a Boudin before we flew out. This is the Mother Dough (google it). Had the bread in San Francisco and then even ordered it sent to Tennessee twice. If you think you have had real sourdough bread, you probably haven't unless you have had it from Boudin. Puts all other bread to shame. On a whim, we tried the oatmeal cookies. Wow, they melt in your mouth. Boudin's is a place you need to seek out whenever you are in California for a location near you.