“Birthday celebration”

Castillos Restaurant
Ranked #311 of 2,483 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

My daughter wanted Mexican food for her 21st birthday. We come here several times a year and find it is the best sit down Mexican restaurant in the area. One basket of fresh chips is complimentary and the salsa is freshly made. I have had the fajitas which are excellent. Most dishes come with Mexican style rice and beans, portions are generous, service is fantastic. This is a casual family restaurant, authentic Mexican food and great service. For my daughter they brought a flan for her birthday and it was delicious. I highly recommend for a casual sit down restaurant serving authentic Mexican dishes

Reviewed 27 June 2016

We Frequent this establishment and enjoy their food very much!!! Breakfast on the Weekend of Ham and Eggs, Dinner my wife and I order a side of Guacamole and split the Sea Bass plate.....enough for the 2 of us!! Give it a Try!!!

Reviewed 6 February 2016

My wife and I have been very busy this week and we were out doing errands yet again. I suggested Bill,s but the waiting line was too long. We were quite surprised and pleased with our Mexican style breakfasts. Served piping hot! Open and bright place, they had some pancake specials they looked pretty good for breakfast as well.

Reviewed 29 August 2015

Overall food was tasty and good as well as the service. Typical old-style Mexican food which was what we wanted this evening so it was not at all disappointing. Food was hot and exactly how we asked it to be prepared. Not rediculously huge portions like at some places. Good amount of food. Was a little pricey compared to some of the good authentic take-outs but considering it was a sit down meal with wait staff and "real" plates any silver, not overpriced at all.

Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

Service was slow, cups & silverware seemed dirty. Food was good. Did the job for a very hungry & tired family but not a place you go back to. Oh & only first bowl of chips & salsa are free after that they charge. Overall ok.

Been to Castillos Restaurant? Share your experiences!