“Good food, great service”

Emperor Norton's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Emperor Norton's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #919 of 2,454 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Description: Welcome to Emperor Norton's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria, a San Jose dining tradition for over four decades. Visit us today and discover why this family-owned and operated restaurant continues to remain a favorite destination for our neighboring communities and beyond. In addition to our extensive menu choices, we offer catering services and banquet facilities.
Reviewed 11 August 2018

Traffic was horrible so we decided to stop for dinner before making the trek south. I'm so glad we did. Quick service and delicious food. For openers, I had the Minestrone soup and it was very tasty. Lots of chucky vegetables and the broth was so good. My husband had the small Caesar salad and he said it was good as well. I asked for the meatballs, no pasta, and actually what I ordered was a sandwich. When I told them I just wanted the meatballs, they were very accommodating and those came with a really nice marinara sauce. My husband had the spaghetti with Italian sausage and it was good as well. We ordered some garlic cheese bread to go with the meal. Fabulous! It looks like the restaurant has wine and beer tastings on Tuesday nights and that might be fun to try. We'll be back. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars...well...Original Joes is my 5 star Italian place!!

Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

Went with work group. Had pitchers of beer and appetizers were decent. Soup was good as well. I had chicken Alfredo and it was really good. So much I couldn't finish. Not many of us did.
Service was good wait staff was young but aimed to please.

Reviewed 27 December 2015

Emperor Norton's was our 'safe' destination for Italian comfort food. While my son and I generally ordered pizza and salad, my wife ordered spaghetti and meatballs. Service was good. Food was at least as good as the previous owner. Upgrades included replacing plastic cups with real glasses and adding onions to the diner salad. Beer selection seems to be better as well. Would be fine to take pizza home. I like mine a little more well done than it was served.

Reviewed 9 December 2015

Emperor Norton's Italian Restaurant had been my favorite place to get my favorite pizza for years...until now. Haven't been at the place for about a year and noticed all the people were new, and apparently under new management. I quickly noticed the new Emperor of the restaurant because of his forceful managerial style and commanding presence. His minions were actually very good...the service was excellent, but the food (pizza) was a different story. The pizza was soggy, and it tasted very different than the usual, even though we ordered the same exact pizza we ordered for years. I think they skimped out on the high quality ingredients like the Salami/Sausage and Sourdough Crust. It wasn't the same, in fact, it tasted like a Round Table Pizza I could have gotten for $40 cheaper. Very disappointing. I miss the original owner, Angelo and his family who had founded and owned the restaurant and created a family atmosphere :( Looks like I'll be looking for a new place to have my pizza fix. Sorry.

Reviewed 1 August 2015

This restaurant was staffed by very lovely people. It's a shame the food was very poor and cold. The service was prompt and served with a smile though.