1,322 results
All reviews convention center the executive lounge parking garage room service business trip attending a conference downtown area per day easy access light rail tech museum enjoyed my stay convenient location silicon valley affinity event valet
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I enjoyed my conference stay here. The hotel has good fast internet, free for Hilton Honors members. The little fridge and coffee maker in the room were handy. Great comfortable king size bed, and they have nice crisp sheets rather than a scary hotel comforter. Crabtree and Evelyn bath products were a nice touch, and the lighting in my bathroom was insanely warm and flattering. Great view from the 10th floor. Affinity restaurant is fine and not overpriced, but walking a few blocks down San Carlos to la Victoria for a burrito is a better idea if you have time. Follow it up with a pastry at Bijan. Chairs in the Market Room were fairly uncomfortable to sit on for hours; the breakout session rooms (San Carlos and Santa Clara) with actual tables were much less painful. I would happily stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Gary H, General Manager at Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Customer feedback is very important to us and we share your comments with our entire team. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay including your comfortable accommodations and our hotel amenities. Thank you for dining with us in Affinity. Good news...as a part of our extensive hotel renovation in 2019, we will updating Affinity and this will definitely include more comfortable seating. La Victoria is always a great choice while in San Jose...you have to try the Orange Sauce! Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

Nesrby a lot of places like Safeway, Scott's Seafood, and Convention Cenetr. The staff are friendly and helpful. The room is clean and like the idea of giving rewards if housekeeping is jot used. It's a good option

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Gary H, General Manager at Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Customer feedback is very important to us and we share your comments with our entire team. I am so glad that you enjoyed our convenient location Thank you for your kind remarks about our service team. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

The hotel was just beside San Jose Convention Center and a few minutes walk to SAP Center. The rooms were clean and the digital key was amazing. It would be great if the parking is free for guests. Staff were very friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Gary H, General Manager at Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. It is always a pleasure to hear back from our valued customers about their stay with us. I am so glad that you found our location convenient with quick access to the Convention Center and SAP Center. We appreciate you using Digital Key. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Stayed here for a conference, and wished that I had instead stayed at the Marriott down the block. Check-in was a breeze, and check-in staff seemed friendly, despite the rush. Lobby and bar/restaurant area was clean, but unfortunately that's where the positives stopped for me. Upon arriving to my room, I noticed how warm the room was - the gas between the window glass layers likely escaped years ago, so the sun was beating down into the room, and the room temperature was 76 degrees, despite the thermostat being set at 68. Closing the curtains helped bring down the temperature, at least. I went to plug in my phone to charge at my night stand, and quickly realized the only way to get to an outlet was to move the night stand out from the wall, and unplug the alarm clock. It's 2018, and I'm pretty sure every Red Roof Inn has outlets at their night stands.

The condition of the room & housekeeping was pretty poor. There were green paint (or something) splatters in the bathroom above the toilet, the bathroom door had a number chips in it (showing dark wood, under the white paint/outside layer), scuffs and scrapes covered the entry way wall. The door stop for the bathroom was half missing, clearly should have been replaced years ago. The dresser (with fridge inside & TV on top) was also scraped and scuffed. Somehow there was a scuff on the ceiling - never seen that before. Shower curtain had a stain on it, and the bottom of lotion in with the toiletries was 3/4 used already. There was a layer of dust on the lampshades next to the bed, and the final straw was that there were black stains/marks on the bottom of my pillow case.

With the conference schedule, I didn't have time to report the issues to the desk (there was always a line when I was between conference events), but on checkout when I brought my concerns up, the front desk manager at least asked if I could email him the photos of the issues in the room, so they could address it. No apology, though, and no response to my email thanking me for sending them along. Gary, the general manager, at least responded when I rated the hotel poorly on the satisfaction survey, and said that the hotel would be undergoing a renovation of rooms in 2019, but that shouldn't mean that obvious issues with room condition are left until that time.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Customer feedback is very important to us and we share your comments with our entire team. Please accept my sincere apologies for the housekeeping and maintenance shortfalls that you experienced. While I did mention that our hotel would be undergoing an extensive renovation in 2019, that was primarily to highlight some of the technology improvements that will be included...additional electrical outlets and USB ports near the bed side and 49" SMART TVs, I assure you that we continue to maintain the cleanliness and conditional aspects of the hotel to the best of our ability. Your room was not indicative of the product that we provide our guests. We have insured that this room has received additional attention to resolve these issues. I am sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

The Hilton at the San Jose convention center was a delightful experience this week. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Food & Beverage for breakfast was delicious with exceptional service.

Damian McKinney

Trip type: Travelled on business
Gary H, General Manager at Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We always appreciate hearing back from our valued guests about their stay with us. I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your spacious and clean accommodations and our convenient location adjacent the San Jose Convention Center. Thank you for dining in Affinity. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back.